Logitech Media Server not working

On my WD TV Live SMP Logitech Media Server will play audio files but skips for the first 2-5 seconds of each track and also does not respond to many remote control commands.

I have upgraded to the latest firmware. I don’t know if this problem existed before upgrade since I have just started using LMS.

It is not the LMS installation as it streams the same music files just fine to all other devices I have.

Please edit your post to add the missing information while adhering to the specified guidelines on the right panel in order for this issue to proceed from “More Info Needed” to “In Review”. This Issue shall remain frozen until this has been done. Regards, Jubei04.

Her is the additional info needed:

Firmware- 1.16.13

What happened-Explained in original post

What was I doing-See original post

yes happens every time

What hw- wd tv live p/n WDBHG70000NBK

Media-flac file

Did not use with previous firmware so don’t know

No power cycling does solve problem

No resetting to factory defaults does not solve problem

I have used this Logitech Media server on other devices with no problems

Please test if this issue happens as well on other firmware revisions.

How many FW revisions do you want tested? I can’t test them all!

Also how do I do that?

Can anyone help with this?

Hi alzey,

If you are looking for troubleshooting assistance, we recommend to post on the general board so other members can chime in.

WD does not provide any support for their products???

How can I move this thread to general board?

I want to talk to someone at WD about this issue. is there a phone number for free tech support? I don’t really want to play around with a user forum.

Hello  alzey

WD does support all of their products.

However, this community was created for users such as yourself to help other users.

If you need direct assistance from WD you can always contact their support center by phone or email.

I have moved the thread to the WD TV Live Streaming board. 

Thanks. Lets see what the other users are experiencing re: this issue. maybe they can be of some help.

More questions.

Where are you running the server?

I assume that all these files are flac

What do you mean by ‘does not respond to many remote control commands’, what does it do and not do?

Why are you running the server - you may be better to connect directly to the device using network shares.

However others seem to have had this problem in the past:

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-SMP-Issues/Firmware-1-06-04-flac-files-are-not-played-properly-anymore/idi-p/331171

server runs on a Vortexbox.

Yes all files are Flac

Cannot pause music with remote. Can stop and play only.

All my music in other rooms of the house need LMS. Need this room to be the same setup.

Thanks

alzey wrote:

It is not the LMS installation as it streams the same music files just fine to all other devices I have.

What are those devices and what protocol(s) are they using for streaming?  E.g., are they using DLNA?  If they are Logitech Squeezebox devices then they do not, so their performance is irrelevant.  You don’t clearly say how you are attempting to access the files on the vortexbox from the SMP, but it sounds like you are using DLNA (media server).  A quick search found people having issues with LMS’ DLNA plugin.  Given that Logitech has abandoned the Squeezebox units and is not maintaining LMS (as far as I know), seems a bit questionable to rely on LMS to work properly with anything other than a Squeezebox.  My sense is that there are people using other DLNA servers with the SMP and not encountering the issues you are with LMS, which indicates the problems likely lie with LMS.

A quick google of “vortexbox smb”  indicates that the vortexbox supports SMB via Samba.  My SMPs work flawlessly with my Linux server running Samba, so your SMP should work with your vortexbox files via Samba (SMB/“Windows Shares”) too.  If this is how you are currently accessing the files on the vortexbox, then it is very strange you are having issues.

My question is simple.-Has anyone else experienced this same problem and if so were they able to resolve it?