Live TV - Hauppauge! Can't get to work with WinTV-HVR-950Q Model 1191

I purchased the Hauppauge! USB TV tuner stick to watch and record over the air TV. I plug it in, scan for stations and get nothing.

I know the stick works because I’ve plugged it into my PC and did a scan running Beyond TV 4. I got a bunch of stations and all of the ones it picked up were 98% signal strength (none came in at 100%). All the channels I viewed had clear and smooth streaming.

Does anyone have an idea what the deal is? I assumed that any Hauppauge! TV stick would work. I read some mention that the units labeled Rev E(something) don’t work with WD TV. The one I have is labeled: 72001 LF Rev E1H3  0414. Is there some simple firmware update that would fix this?

Thanks for your help,

Tad

I see that the WinTV-HVR-950Q is on the list of compatible Live TV Adapters. Check if you have the latest WDTV firmware installed.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5688/session/L3RpbWUvMTQwNzY4NzkwNy9zaWQvTHlTVnR2X2w%3D#live

Thanks but… no it didn’t work. :cry:

Surprisingly, there was a firmware update to install. (There wasn’t when I first tried to scan for stations.)

I installed the update and tried several different anntena and different locations without any luck.

Thanks for your suggestion anyway.

Next step is to see what Hauppauge has to say about all of this.

I’d love to know how you got on, because I’ve bought a 950Q and while it works on a Windows laptop, it won’t work with my WDTV. The app times out and tells me I have to install a tuner.