Latest firmware and PGS subtitle support within MKV file

I’ve have a movie with PGS subtitle in the MKV file… and it’s not showing… even if I select it… Do you people have this same problem ?

Animated PGS don’t show and regular PGS when the KV was created with MakeMKV. You need to remux the file with MKVToolnix to get the compressed subs, then they’ll show on the SMP.

Thanks Techflaws.

My MKV is previously made with Handbrake 0.9.6 which has a problem with the WD Live, it always freezes somewhere (HB 0.9.5 don’t have that problem but it takes 50% more time to do the MKV). The solution for this problem is to remux the MKV (only the one made with HB 0.9.6) with MKVMerge and at the same time add the PGS subtitle track when I need it. Then the MKV won’t freeze, but the resulted MKV file, which has now the PGS subtitle included, won’t show that subtitle track on the WD Live. You say to use MKVToolnix and it will work… Hope the HB 0.9.6 remuxed that way, won’t freeze !

Newly added:

I think I just figured out with your explanation was is my problem. Using MKVMerge is good, but I was adding the PGS subtitle and choosing the option “no compression” before remuxing the file, and I think that’s why they don’t show up. Is that correct ?

Haven’t used Handbrake so far so I dunno about the settings but to play back PGS subs on the WDTV, compression must be on. So just don’t use the option “no compression” and then check the MKV with Mediainfo to verifiy it looks like this:

Format: PGS
Muxing mode: zlib