Issues with iPlayer and latest firmware (2.02.32)?

Just  wondered if anyone else has this problem…

If I leave my WDTV SMP in standby for any length of time (overnight is long enough) then if I try rto starty the iPlayer app, I get the spinny orange circle for a few seconds, then a blank white screen, and nothing happens. I have to press the ‘Home’ button, then if I go into Setup->Restart Device and wait for it to do its double reboot thing, then iPlayer works fine. Even if I put it into standby, and go back to iPlayer an hour or two later. However, if I leave it overnight, then the same problem happens again…

Not a bit deal, but a bit annoying that I have to effectively reboot the device first, any time I want to use iPlayer…

ChrisM

I did see others coming across this behaviour some weeks back.

As u may have read elsewhere, iPlayer in the last release leaks memory like a seive. It seems that after using iplayer, then placing box in standby seems to leak a bit of memory too and so when u come back in the morning there is so little memory left u get the forever waiting arrow when next u try and do something.That can be running an app again or even a next page on the home screen.

I always did a hard power off (long press) as it saves energy and these days allows u to see as much memory as possible when next running apps or video playing. It even cures weird side effects from trying to play a file with strange encoding that mucks up playing other valid videos - leaking codec faults between runs. Rare but I have seen it over the years.