ISO files not shown in Media Library

I have a Seagate GoFlex Pro NAS. The WD SMP shows it as GoFlex Home: UPNP-AV. When I navigate to Movie folder, only MKV and VOB files but no ISO files. I have several there created directly from the original DVDs.

I’ve restarted the SMP, reset the SMP, reset media library and everything else I can find or think of. Suggestions?

Apparently you only see the NAS’s media server via DLNA and that one can’t handle ISOs. You need to connect via SMB to a regular share. Have you set the NAS and the WDTV to the same workgroup?

I think you nailed it with the DLNA. Since I somewhat (??-very) dense, how does one connect using SMB? Do I need to enter the IPv4 address during setup?

RealGomer wrote:

I think you nailed it with the DLNA. Since I somewhat (??-very) dense, how does one connect using SMB? Do I need to enter the IPv4 address during setup?

Assuming SMB is configured properly on the GFP, the WD should discover it automatically when you go to add network shares in the Media Library Manager.

If it doesn’t appear, ensure that the Workgroup names on ALL of your devices on your network match.

Okay, I switched the GFP from Obtain IP automatically to manually insert IP address. Now if Windows Shares will ever get done doing it’s thing.

I reinstalled the Seagate NAS. Supposedly, per its manual, it will not recognize ISO files (huh???). When I tried to look at the folders, the WD Live does NOT show all the folders on the Seagate. And I still cannot access any ISO files thru the WD device. Instead of using UPNP or whatever, is there a way to directly access the NAS via its IP address?

Right. Reinstalled the Seagate NAS. Reinstalled the WD TV Live Streaming. Followed ALL the steps on the you tube video on how to get video to play.Nothing. nada. The WD TV Live REFUSES to see the Seagate NAS as a network drive, it will see it as a Media Server. It see the PC and laptop as Network drives with no problems.

I have the latest firmware for the WDTV Live Streaming. What next?

Installed new fiberoptic TV set top box. Ditched DirecTV. Still no ISO files showing up so it wasn’t the DirecTV DVR. WD TV Live also still only 65 or 85 folders on NAS drive. Renamed Movie folder so it owuld be first to show. Only shows MKV and VOB files. Spec sheet clearly says WD TV Live will play ISO files. **bleep**?

The player does see and play ISO files, its just your setup.

I realize it’s the set-up but neither can WD Support nor anyone on this forum tell me where the error lies. Hench my posts.

Anyone have any suggestions? A detailed description of how to set up the box so it will see the ISO files and others would be greatly appreciated.