I hate my WDTVlive box!

If I can get media to the usb drive it works great. (apart from no bookmarks or chapter saving)

The firmware 2.02.32 was a joke. Back to 2.1.86.

However I have ultimate frustration with getting media deleted and copied to the WDTVlive generation 3 streaming device model contains 7000.

I turned off file server sharing, rebooted. turned on file server sharing with no password, rebooted. appeared to work for a while alowing copy from pc (windows 8.1) to the usb drive attatched to the wdtv live and watch a couple. yes thats ok. then next time go to copy it refuses saying i need permission.

so then change the file server to require a user and password. reboot, the connect from the pc. yes that allows file deletion and copying. later on try the same and it doesnt work. This device is driving me crazy and is a candidate for the bin!

Is there any earlier firmware that just works with reasonable reliable networking?

thanks.

Hello,

We have passed this along to support. They will try to contact you as soon as possible. Please check your private messages periodically.