I had my Mojo on and now I don't! (Can't get movie thumbnails to show)

Ugh this is so frustrating. I had a WIndows 7 OS with a slightly older version of thumbgen and the templates for the moviesheets and the thumbnail in place. It was working perfect. I had applied it to almost thousands of movies that my DVD/Blu-ray collection had been ripped with and there had never been a hiccup.

Then came the PC crash! I had a drive fail and I lost all of my settings configuration and everything.

Now for the fun of rebuilding. I am now on WIndows 8.1 and I am trying to rebuild.

Ty one - I got thumbgen 1.3.9.2 and I put it first in the C:\ on the root but of course when I went to open it with admin rights it would not show me mapped network drives.

Try Two - copied it to my desktop and tried to open it with admin rights - still didn’t show network drives.

Try Three - opened it on my desktop without admin rights and YEAY it finally opened.

Try four. Started setting up the options per the guide. When I followed the guide I got this output - This was with Thumbnail, generate nfo, generate moviesheet, generate metadata checked.

The Hunger Games Catching Fire 2013 1080p.mkv - original movie

The Hunger Games Catching Fire 2013 1080p_thumb.jpg - thumbnail but at 200x300 and not at the 192x369 configuration all my other thumbnails were at

The Hunger Games Catching Fire 2013 1080p.xml -

The Hunger Games Catching Fire 2013 1080p_cover.jpg

The Hunger Games Catching Fire 2013 1080p_fanart.jpg

The Hunger Games Catching Fire 2013 1080p_sheet.jpg

The Hunger Games Catching Fire 2013 1080p.mkv.tgmd

Now I noticed the XML and noticed it looked totally different than the others. I realized I missed the setting to change the nfo to the WD TV Hub setting so I changed it.

Ouput - No background showing on the screen and no thumbnail.

Now I realized two things - the one stated above about the xml and the other stated about the thumbnail on ALL my other movies not being labeled_thumb and being the coverbox size not the 200x300.

So now I made two changes - I had changed the info to the WD TV Live HUB format. I got rid of the thumbnail Output setting and modified the spare moviesheet to be M$\N$ instead of M$\N$E$_Sheet like it was. 

Try number five - I went through and changed it so I was NOT generating a thumbanil and only generate nfo, generate moviesheet, generate metadata, generate spare checked. What output was GOLDEN I thought I had hit paydirt!

The Hunger Games Catching Fire 2013 1080p.jpg - thumbnail at the 192x369 configuration all my other thumbnails were at.

The Hunger Games Catching Fire 2013 1080p.xml - Looks proper according to all my other XMLs

The Hunger Games Catching Fire 2013 1080p_sheet.jpg - has the background I selected.

Output - Still missing the darn movie thumbnail! I tried a power on and off to the box, a rescan of the folder.

So if my original movie that works and displays 100% correct is this -

The Hunger Games 2012 1080p.mkv - original movie

The Hunger Games 2012 1080p.jpg - thumbnail at the 192x369

The Hunger Games 2012 1080p.xml - Looks proper according to all my other XMLs and contains

The Hunger Games 2012 1080p_sheet.jpg
  The Hunger Games 2012 1080p.jpg

The Hunger Games 2012 1080p_cover.jpg

The Hunger Games 2012 1080p_fanart.jpg

The Hunger Games 2012 1080p_sheet.jpg - has the background I selected.

The Hunger Games 2012 1080p.mkv.tgmd

Why is this one not working after try number 5 where the output files are -

The Hunger Games Catching Fire 2013 1080p.jpg - thumbnail at the 192x369 (generated by spare No Coverbox template)

The Hunger Games Catching Fire 2013 1080p.xml - Looks proper according to all my other XMLs and has

The Hunger Games Catching Fire 2013 1080p_sheet.jpg
  The Hunger Games Catching Fire 2013 1080p.jpg

The Hunger Games Catching Fire 2013 1080p_sheet.jpg - has the background I selected and is using the Mojo glass 2 template

Oh and here is a side rub that will make your head explode the same thumbnail that ISN’T viewable when looking at the movie description or in the folder view IS showing in the bottom bar when you play the movie on the right hand side. As well the icon even shows up in THumbgen when you look at the movie in the listing it shows the little icon there. -.- So to surmise after multiple messed up attempts to get everything generating as it had before the crashed computer to the new computer I thought I had the exact same settings and layout but it is not showing the coverbox thumbnails ONLY in the final generated items even though the size is the same, the picture looks just fine in a jpeg preview, name is proper, and the xml information looks identical and all old movies display just fine this new one is the first one its not. I did try a second new movie with the same results to ensure it wasn’t anything file name wise.

I did try generating the thumbnail just using the thumbnail setting and keeping it checked and not using the spare and renaming the _thumb off it but this always resulted in a 200x300 file that wasn’t identical to the other layout results I had as well as was not listed in the backdrop of the xml like ALL the other movies I have are.

Thoughts on how to fix this to display the icon properly for the movie right?

I have uploaded my Movie Profile here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/59lbb7akz4bho0s/My%20Movies.tgp

Drop it into your “Profiles” folder and see if it works.  It works fine for me for my Movies, the TV Shows profile is a little different.

Thank you this worked and I didn’t even have to change templates in Thumbgen! I must have had some setting messed up but it all is looking good, thumbnail, moviesheet, and xml information.

StumpedTechy wrote:

>  

Thoughts on how to fix this to display the icon properly for the movie right?

The SMP creates a hidden directory on the hdd connected to it, the directory is called .wd or .wd_tv (can’t remember which), in that directory it creates a folder where it stores cached thumbnails.

You could try deleting that folder, the SMP will re-create it.

Cheers

StumpedTechy wrote:

Thank you this worked and I didn’t even have to change templates in Thumbgen! I must have had some setting messed up but it all is looking good, thumbnail, moviesheet, and xml information.

Glad to be of help mate.  Pleased all is now OK.  There is a different profile required for TV Shows, so let me know if you want a copy of that profile as well.

Well done.