I am ready to give up on wd live

I have been trying for over a week to get my wd live WDBHG70000 series to play the video files on my computer. It is connected to the internet with netflix, etc working. But  try as I might, I cannot access my PC with win 8.1. I know I must be setting something incorrect on the pc, but nothing works. I keep getting an error message when I try and turn on media streaming that I can’t do that. I have been in touch all week with WD support, and all I get are URL’s that are no help to me. Does anyone know the steps to set up the pc from the beginning so that wd live sees the video files. Both units are hard wired to the same router. I don’t want to send the unit back but I don’t know what else to do. Thanks in advance.

If you are trying to play a video on your TV from Windows 8.1 using the Play To or Play On function, then I’m not sure how that works or why would anyone use it.

To play a video from your PC from WDTV you use the Windows Share on WDTV and login. On your PC you need to share the folder where the video files are located. On Windows, make sure you are using a User Account. With that account’s login id and password with your shared folder, WDTV should see the Window Share and allow you to access your stuff and play your files.

If you setup your router then you should be able to do this too, it is that simple.

this video is how i set mine up. hope it works for you,was very easy. good luck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16_ZDO9gano

@KittyKat

The info you give us is really too sketchy to be of any help right now, but if you answer a few questions, maybe we can get  you started in the right direction and even solve your problem…

Since I know nothing about your PC skills and experiences I will ask you if you have ever set up any of your computers to share with another one in your home?  If you have never set up anything related to a home network with devices sharing folders, etc, then this is where we need to start.  If you have more than one computer you can use, that would be helpful.

So, Kitty, take it from here with your reply…