How to connect Synology NAS as a network share?

Hi @all,

I’m having the problem that i can’t connect my WD TV Live Streaming Media Player (with newest firmware 1.06.04) to my Synology NAS (210+ with newest firmware 3.2-1955) when using network sharing.

After I’m entering a special username and password (eg WDTV) there comes a error message, that no connection for the selected source could be established. When I’m using the admin-account and password I’m just getting the folders from DLNA (video, music, photos).

If I’m trying to connect via mediaserver everything is fine. But I don’t want to connect through DLNA, I prefer the connection through a network share.

The connection to my nas works great with my MAC, PC or iPhone/iPad, also with the WDTV-user!

Could anybody give me a hint, which setting on my WD TV Live Streaming Media Player or NAS could solve my problem?

I’ve solved it by my own.

Folder network hiding option was my solution.

Where is the folder network hiding option?

What protocol are you using.  With my synology I can share via “samba/cifs”  just fine but when I try with “nfs”  it locks up when I try to open the folder on the media player.  Just wondering if NFS works for you.