How do I stream MKV videos?

I have an Apple TV but it doesn’t handle MKV. So I just purchased the WD TV Live so I could stream videos from my PC to TV. I’m trying to find the easiest and most cost effective method of streaming videos from my PC to TV. How do I go about stream videos, like MKV with DTS audio, etc. from my PC to TV using WD TV Live?

Just share the videos and access them from the WD.

I dont know how to share the videos. I have the videos in a folder, how do I share the folder?

bal1985 wrote:

I dont know how to share the videos. I have the videos in a folder, how do I share the folder?

You need a crash course in Home Networking 101.  You need to look in the Windows Help material, and start googling for additional info.  Home networking (and sharing) is relatively easy – once you learn how to do the fundamentals. 

Also, unless you have a robust (fast) home network, your streaming may be problematic; especially if using wireless versus wired connection.  Suggest you get a hard drive for the WDTV Live and play the mkv files that way for now, i.e. via a direct connection to the media player.