Help needed: Spinning arrow icon appears & won't go away

I bought a WD TV Live a month ago, and immediately noticed a problem when trying to play videos off of my network drives. I’ve tried contacting customer support a few times and I’ve even had my unit replaced, but the problem persists. What’s happening is when I play videos from a drive that is connected to my network, I only get 5-10 minutes of normal functionality before it displays the spinning arrow (the “thinking” icon) whenever I try to switch movies, stop and restart the movie, or just exit the video briefly and return to it. I found a way to momentarily fix this once it starts: by changing the setting of “HDMI CEC” (if it’s ON I turn it OFF, or vice versa). The device restarts, and I get 5-10 minutes of normal functionality again but the whole thing starts over. I can’t figure out what’s causing this. I have an Airport Time Capsule as a router; there are no issues connecting to my network and detecting/connecting to the drives. I’m also on a Mac Pro (Lion OS) and my drives are formatted in Mac OS Extended (there doesn’t seem to be a problem reading this format, and I’ve even tried using other formatted drives). If anyone can shed light on this I would greatly appreciate it—it’s driving me nuts. Thanks.

I solved the problem, so in case anyone else encounters this as well here’s what was causing the trouble. The issue was being instigated a Seagate BlackArmor NAS server that was connected to my network. It somehow interefers with the network’s signals, causing  the network player to just freeze up. I don’t know if there is a way that I can configure the NAS to make it compatible, but for now, I’ve just ditched the device and my player is working perfectly. :smileyvery-happy:

Have exacltey the same problem on win7. I am also using philips 32pfl6606 TV wicj is part of my home network. Please help…