HDMI Switch

I have my TV connected to the satellite TV box, DVD player and WD TV Live via a HDMI switch. This automatically switches the powered device to the TV so it’s just a matter of turning it on.

When the WD TV Live is in standby it seems to “hog” the switch so the TV doesn’t go back to showing the satellite box.

Powering off the WD TV Live isn’t an option because it is slow to start up and slow to reconnect to the network shares.

There appears to be only one discussion on here about this issue so perhaps it is certain types of HDMI switch. Is there a HDMI switch that works with the WD TV Live?

Thanks, Andy

I use this one as I have a projector and plasma I need 2 out.

Works perfectly but not auto switching.

Comes with an ir remote even though the describtion doesn’t say so.

I believe they do a cheaper version with one HDMI out.

Click

I also use a HDMI switch.  It was off one of those daily sales websites and cost me around AU$30. 

The brand is Mbeat.

http://www.mbeat.com.au/index.php?route=product/product&path=20_60&product_id=103

Buy here for AU$40:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/mbeat-Mini-4-in-1-HDMI-Port-Switch-Remote-Control-/120838640842?pt=AU_Television_Accessories&hash=item1c228b54ca

Were you able to solve this issue?  I am having the same problem with my switcher always being “on”- and not allowing for auto-switching.  

Same problem here too, I have my wdtv hub, sky hd, ps3 and xbox all into a splitter. One output goes upstairs and the other downstairs, this means I can play for example the ps3 upstairs while the missus plays the wdtv downstairs. The splitter does have a remote but if we decide to watch something on the wdtv upstairs and the unit has been left on the sky channel downstairs it wont switch when the wdtv is on (the remote wont send the signal downstairs). I dont think the wdtv hogging the switch but its not registering on it. The other devices switch it over fine wdtv has to be manually switched over to and from it.

same ‘problem’ here too. though i do actually prefer to power off the smp completely which in turn powers down the external drive and then switches the tv back to the channel i was watching. not only use less power on smp and the external drive but also save on external drive wear n tear.

just timed and from a complete cold start, takes 1min 25secs for the smp to be ready for use and have my whole dvd collection at my fingertips :smileyvery-happy: 

back to the op, guess it all depends on what type of hdmi switch we all have and how we prefer to use our devices

Has anyone found an Hdmi auto switcher that will auto switch with the WD TV Live yet?