Genre Folder Icon Size

Hi Guys. Hopefully very easy question to answer.

I’m re-doing all my Genre Icons for my movies on the NAS share as they were originally done for my old Dvico Media streamer and they are not the right size (200x200px squares).

I thought I’d start from stratch and build some new more colourful icons, but do have a couple of question please.

1. What’s the optimal size for the folder.jpg icon. I’ve seen some done at 200x300 and 192x369px ?

2. Do they have to be jpg files (i.e. with a filled background), or will the SMB support tranparent .png files for Icons ?

3. Is there a good resorce for looking at some folder genre icons (to get some ideas) ?

Thanks.

1. What’s the optimal size for the folder.jpg icon. I’ve seen some done at 200x300 and 192x369px ?

200x300 will be fine  (experiment if you like, to compare image quality at higher or lower resolutions)

2. Do they have to be jpg files (i.e. with a filled background), or will the SMB support tranparent .png files for Icons ?

Yes   (the SMP does not support alpha transparency .png files  [only the Live Hub does, Firmware 2.07.17 or lower] )

3. Is there a good resorce for looking at some folder genre icons (to get some ideas) ?

here’s a start : http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/Movie-Genre-Thumbs-plus-link-to-others/td-p/562337

Thanks Joey, much appreciated.

A little more info about Genre folder icons please…

1. Are there default Genre folder icons.  I just get the icon that looks like a little folder then gradually they fill up with artwork from films of that Genre. 

2. Where do genre icons live and where do you put them if you want your own?

thanks

1) Are there default Genre folder icons.  I just get the icon that looks like a little folder then gradually they fill up with artwork from films of that Genre

That little icon is the default folder icon and is displayed when you don’t a folder image

2) Where do genre icons live and where do you put them if you want your own?

Inside a folder

eg.

ACTION   — A “Folder”

folder.jpg — A “Folder Image” inside the ACTION folder

(Note: if you have .metathumbs for movies in your folder … then a “Folder Image” must be named 0.metathumb )

But what if you do not have any “genre” folders. When I filter my videos (when I use media library) on Genre I get a genre folders being displayed, but these are not real folders.  Can you change these genre folider icons?

Sorry, I’m a newbie at this…