Gen 3 + DVD folder over network = stuttering/no audio

Hi! I have tested the unit only a little as I don’t own one yet… But… Does anyone else experice this behaviour when playing DVD-folder over network

The stuttering/no audio happens with:

• ISO and VIDEO_TS

• DVD MENU setting ON and OFF

There’s something wrong with Gen 3 as all MKV’s (which are WAY heavier to play/stream) play correctly all the time.

Thank You for Your answers.

No issues playing my Matrix DVD ISO with menus on over network on 2.02.32.

Ok. So far I managed to confirm following information. The problem is still there:

• Testad on the latest firmware

• No bandwith problems in home network, every file works except DVD folders/ISO-files

• Stutters with wireless and wired

• Stutters with ISO and/or VIDEO_TS

• If connected to the WDTV via USB - no problems

- ALSO THE MAIN PROBLEM: When connected with network (wired or wireless) it does not open DVD-folder as it does when connected with USB. In network Folder containing the VIDEO_TS opens VIDEO_TS which opens VOB’s - then you can open the first VOB and everything plays ok. When connected with USB, you just press OK on the folder containing the VIDEO_TS folder and it starts immediately… It doesn’t matter is the setting DVD MENU is on or off… This is a clear firmware problem…

NETWORK: Folder containing the DVD folder > you see VIDEO_TS+AUDIO_TS folders> open VIDEO_TS > you see VOB’s > Open first VOB > DVD play begings with stuttering

USB: Folder containing the DVD folder > DVD play begings without stuttering

There’s several older posts about this problem and it seems no-one knows what this is about. The latest firmware, for me, does not solve anything even though there is a mention about the ISO/AUDIO fix in the latest firmwares change log…

If for whatever reason you insist on using VIDEO_TS-folders instead of single ISOs, you must press PLAY on the folder rather than OK to get continuous playback. Does that make a differenc in your case?

Ok. I just tested this and yes - the play resolves this. If I stream over network and press play on folder it starts right away. However, ISO or Folder - no difference. Both still play with stutter…

Continuing testing… What is the ISO format that I have to choose? UDF? ISO9660? It seems some ISO’s work ok… Or at least better than VIDEO_TS folders over the network.

Ok. Finally got this one solved.

• ISO images that are made with Imgburn work perfectly when played over network. Imgburn makes the right ISO setting (I think it is UDF9660 1.2 if I read it correctly).

- The same DVD as VIDEO_TS folder will not play without stutter so it is a clear firmware issue.

I hope this issue will be fixed in the next FW.

And the reason to prefer VIDEO_TS is that they are - at least in my media players f.ex. Gen 1 that I have as a spare, more compatible. Correct me if I’m wrong, but Gen1 doesn’t support ISO DVD-image but the folders work correctly. I don’t want to have two sets of DVD’s (folders and iso’s) in two hard drives…

TeamS wrote:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but Gen1 doesn’t support ISO DVD-image but the folders work correctly.

Sure it does.  Every player made after and including the original WD TV Live Gen 1 supports ISO.

Yes… Just tested and everything works with ISO in both Gen1 and Gen3.

It seems the ISO I previously made had something wrong with it.

Now batch converting all DVD’s to ISO with Imgburn and script - all seems to work perfectly, even the thumbnails!

Thank You all…

…Unfortunately though the VIDEO_TS issue would be nice if it could be solved.