Folder vs. Video icons in Media Library

Hi,

I have about 300 movies on a 2TB WD Elements USB hard drive. I’ve scanned the drive automatically and it works ok, but a significant number of movies show up without images. No problem. I can use “Get content info” manually on those. However, there are about 40 movies that won’t permit me to get content info manually. I’ve noticed that for some reason, the entries for those movies are marked with a green folder icon, rather than the video camera icon. Does anyone know why those movies might be showing up in the media library as folders rather than movies/videos? I’ve puzzled over this for a week with no progress. All of the movies use the exact same folder structure which is simply a folder with the movie name and an Audio_ts and Video_ts folder within it. Nothing else.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Gregleto

Gregleto wrote:

I’ve noticed that for some reason, the entries for those movies are marked with a green folder icon, rather than the video camera icon. Does anyone know why those movies might be showing up in the media library as folders rather than movies/videos?

So you’re saying you have folders that do NOT have the folder icon?  

You can delete the AUDIO_TS folders, they won’t be used for anything (and they’re probably all empty.)

Are all the VIDEO_TS spelled exactly that way?   All caps?

TonyPh12345 wrote:

Gregleto wrote:

I’ve noticed that for some reason, the entries for those movies are marked with a green folder icon, rather than the video camera icon. Does anyone know why those movies might be showing up in the media library as folders rather than movies/videos?

So you’re saying you have folders that do NOT have the folder icon?  

You can delete the AUDIO_TS folders, they won’t be used for anything (and they’re probably all empty.)

Are all the VIDEO_TS spelled exactly that way?   All caps?

Yes, most of the folders have the video camera icon and they all work properly. No, some of the VIDEO_TS folders have lower case characters. Looks like that may be the issue. I’ll try changing them to all caps to see if that works. Wow, I would have never found that problem. Thanks!