Fix subtitle function

Hi,

Since yesterday i am a new owner to WD TV Live.

I am happy with most of its functions. All but one. The SUBTITLE feature. (.srt and so on). First and foremost. Why o why cant you program the box to be able to import an subtitle that doesnt have the same name as the media-file? As it is now users needs to rename all subtitles… So much work for us, and this feature should be easy for WD to fix. All other mediaplayers that are worth there names, has this feature (and has had it för 5-6 years).

And please fix so that is is easier so sync the subtitle. It should be a direct command from the remote like “arrow left” and “arrow right”.

I honestly t hought that the subtitle function to import an external .srt file almost was mandatory with all mediaplayers today. And that this box surely should have it.

Apart from that the box works fine!

Best Regards from Sweden.

Edit:  Moderators please move this topic to the correct place if  it was created in the wrong sub-forum.

bojnert wrote:

Why o why cant you program the box to be able to import an subtitle that doesnt have the same name as the media-file?

I have never seen any media player that does that.   Can you give an example?

If the subtitle file isn’t named the same as the media, how would the player know which files to use?   

bojnert wrote:

I honestly t hought that the subtitle function to import an external .srt file almost was mandatory with all mediaplayers today. And that this box surely should have it.

This box does do that; unless I’m misunderstanding your statement.

bojnert wrote:
Why o why cant you program the box to be able to import an subtitle that doesnt have the same name as the media-file?

Why o why cant you rename the sub to fit the name of the video file as everyone else does (or mux it into the container)?