Firmware 2.02.32 is SLOW

This new firmware causes everything with the WDTV Live streaming device to go real slow.  10 to 15 seconds for something to happen after selecting it with the remote. 

I was able to roll back to 2.01.86 and everything returned to normal.

2.02.32 is un-exceptable.  I have had my devices for several years but would junk them and go to something else if it was my only option. (Roolback to the last update was the saving option).

Had that slowness as well after the update, did a factory reset and it sure speeded up once I got everyhing setup after the reset.

I too noted slowness moving thru files in Media Library Videos display or starting to play a vid. Like there was a delay processing the remote control button and actioning it of a second or two. But… it vanished. Maybe when I deleted the Media Library database and rebuilt.

I still note a lack of response to >| buttons when fast forwarding very fast. Slow down to 2X and it behaves as normal. At fast speeds it seems to miss >| button presses entirely but handles << to slow down. Odd.

How exactly did you restore 2.01.86? In the manual it says “install launcher”, but it does not say “how”

or is there an easy way?

tnx

@TaurusNL

Firmware Rollback steps 1 to 10

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming/2-02-32-Firmware-no-longer-allows-content/m-p/781937#M32423

1 Like

I am also suffering from extreme slowness after installing the latest firmware. The slowness occurs when I’m browsing the TV shows (tv show files on Galey View). The same is occurring in G3 of some friends. In the movies the problem does not happen.

Is there any way to fix the problem now or I have to go back to the previous firmware and wait for a new release with the fixes?

Sorry for bad english

nottlle

JoeySmyth wrote:

@TaurusNL

Firmware Rollback steps 1 to 10

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming/2-02-32-Firmware-no-longer-allows-content/m-p/781937#M32423

It seems like a bunch of people are having problems with the new firmware.  Telling people how to rollback is great, but how about any update when these issues will be fixed?

Borgo wrote:

It seems like a bunch of people are having problems with the new firmware.  Telling people how to rollback is great, but how about any update when these issues will be fixed?

Well, i’m just a forum member like yourself  (i’m not a WD employee) … so i can’t tell you, nor any other user here, when there will be an update to fix problems.

I’m just providing instructions of how to rollback firmware if people are experiencing issues.

Until WD announce there is an update to fix issues or bugs … then you and I, will just have to wait until they do so.