Drobo 5N, slight streaming issue need help!

just wanted to give a quick update so anyone who researches drobo 5N and WDTV might see this.

i solved my issuse with a simple 

http://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-TL-SF1008D-8-port-100Mbps-Desktop/dp/B0034CL3MA/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1390508959&sr=8-9&keywords=8+port+switch

very cheap fix, and works flawlessly. basically its a bottleneck and believe it has something to do with the packet size of gigabit and 100mbs… so basically i bought this switch, plugged all my WDTV SMP’s into it along with my drobo 5N. then plugged this switch into my router. 

once i tested and found out it worked i plugged my drobo 5N back into my router and did a huge transfer of data over gigabit speeds then simply plugged it back into my new 100mbs switch, there was no need for a msata card or any extra expensive parts.

i have a fairly nice linksys gigabit setup with all cat6 after market modem / router / switch comes to about $250 it was all auto sensing as far as what type port speed was connected to it and could not manually go in and force 100mbs on the switch. $14 and dont have to worry about anything except plugging it into the new switch.

the only thing i did besides the new cheapy switch is gave my drobo 5N a static IP address but i do not believe this to be necessary at all, more of a convenience factor that comes into play when you reboot your drobo 5N your WDTV’s should not lose content source as the ip they are looking for will always be the same at that point.

this is what worked for me, hopefully it will help some others. i also only have the bare minimum of 2 drives out of 5 right now.

good luck.