Don't hold your breath waiting for new firmware and let someone else try it first

I am lucky enough to be the owner of a wdmycloud as well as a wdtv live.

The wdmycloud has been beset with firmware problems all year. A new firmware has recently been released to suppossedly fix all the (many many) bugs from the previous release.

Well there is alot of people claiming a bricked drive after updating to the latest firmware.

WD just don’t seem to be able to do the software side of the equation.

When the products work  they’re great but I’ve had a lot of trouble with both devices due to firmware and I"ll be steering clear of WD products from now on.

CLASHMAN wrote:

I am lucky enough to be the owner of a wdmycloud as well as a wdtv live.

The wdmycloud has been beset with firmware problems all year. A new firmware has recently been released to suppossedly fix all the (many many) bugs from the previous release.

Well there is alot of people claiming a bricked drive after updating to the latest firmware.

WD just don’t seem to be able to do the software side of the equation.

When the products work  they’re great but I’ve had a lot of trouble with both devices due to firmware and I"ll be steering clear of WD products from now on.

First of all, there was not a lot of people claiming a bricked drive.  We only found four on the community.  Of the ones that were escalated, 2 of them had their issues resolved.  That I know of, we’re still working with the others.