Does the support of the wd tv live gen3 stopped?

Why don’t you release any firmware update from 12-2013 and ver. 2.01.86?

If there is any way to make this media player navigation faster than it is it would be a nice feature at the new firmware.

And if make the wd tv live stable than it is now this would be much better addon.

A LOT OF THANKS.

Hi, you can make any suggestions for future firmware updates in the ideas section. 

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Ideas/idb-p/streaming_ideas

Ichigo wrote:

Hi, you can make any suggestions for future firmware updates in the ideas section. 

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Ideas/idb-p/streaming_ideas

Shame on you Ichigo! I think you will have to give better advice than that to earn Kudos.

The original poster was merely asking why WD hasn’t released any further updates since 12/2013, something I am sure others would love to know given the plethora of problems with this latest release.

In addition to that question the poster asked  if there is any way to make this media player navigation faster. It’s well documented in these forums that many users suffer from lag when using the remote. I’m sure we would all love to know how to speed it up. It’s not a big ask really, we just want it to work how it should.

As for the comment about these issues being added as a new feature in the next firmware and make the wd TV live more stable than it now is, surely that was just a tongue in cheek remark at how disappointed some of us are with the current performance of this device?!

Please click the Kudos star on the left to say thank you if I actually bothered to read your post and show some understanding to your predicament. Likewise if WD ever find a solution, be sure to come back to click the ‘Accept as Solution’ button for the post that solved your issue. This may help someone else.

I believe you DON’T read this topic at all.
Look the post above you and you realize that is given the EXACTLY SAME LINK so…

fits79 wrote:
I believe you DON’T read this topic at all.
Look the post above you and you realize that is given the EXACTLY SAME LINK so…

Umm, that’s called a quote. Who doesn’t read now?

Maybe the quote is USELESS if you simply answer down of the post and doesnn’t interfere any other post between so…

Hi fits79,

If you read the 3rd post down you will see that I was actually defending you in relation to your original post, especially as the first reply you received from WD Staff was less than helpful. I see you have already contributed to these forums and posted around 49 comments so far and so you should really understand what a quote is by now.

Perhaps I should have offered a little further help in relation to your original question but to put it simply I don’t think anyone can answer those questions effectively and certainly not in a way which could resolve them for you.

Basically speaking…, join the club! There are many people suffering the same symptoms as you are, me included, but until WD do something about them we can only put up with them.

Slinky

Hello to all,

Please keep this professional. This is a user to user forum for the WD Users to help each others.

fits79 wrote:

Why don’t you release any firmware update from 12-2013 and ver. 2.01.86?

Has Apple stopped supporting the iPhone 5s just because the last firmware was released 3 months ago?

If you look at the release date history on the SMP, the release before 2.01.86 was 5 months after the previous.   And the one before that release was four months after its previous release.

Some platforms have had a year go by between updates.

So, no.  You can most certainly not suggest that WD has ended support because there hasn’t been a release in two months.

So this media player has STOPPED SUPPORTING IT EVEN THE OLDER SIMPLE WD TV HAS NEWER FIRMWARE THAN THIS PRODUCT.

WHY IS THAT HAPPENING WD???

WHY DID YOU CONTINUE SUPPORT OLDER MODEL THAN THIS MEDIA PLAYER AND NOT THIS ONE?

fits79 wrote:
WHY DID YOU CONTINUE SUPPORT OLDER MODEL THAN THIS MEDIA PLAYER AND NOT THIS ONE?

Where are you getting this nonsense?

The products older than the WDTV Live Streaming are:

The WD TV Live Hub.   It received its last update on March 12, 2013.

The WDTV Live Plus.   Last update January 2013.

The WDTV Live HD.  Last update January 2013.

This product was updated December 2013, almost 9 months newer than the Live Hub.

So what are you talking about??  What “Older Model” received an update newer than the WDTV Live Streaming?

The wd tv live gen3 is newer or older than wd tv gen3?

I believe is newer and however it takes newer firmware than wd tv live gen3 so…

fits79 wrote:
The wd tv live gen3 is newer or older than wd tv gen3?

There is no such thing as a “WD TV Gen 3” by that specific name.

All products in the Live product line:

WD TV Live Streaming Media Player (A/K/A SMP or Gen 3)  Released in 2011.

WD TV Live Hub Released in 2010.

WD TV Live Plus (A/K/A Gen 2) Released in 2010 .

WD TV Live HD (A/K/A Gen 1) Released in 2009.

Other WD TV Products which are OLDER than the WD TV Live HD: 

WD TV HD Gen 2 (Released in 2009) 

WD TV HD (A/K/A Gen 1)  Released in 2008

WD TV Mini (Released in 2008) – Non HD

Other WD TV Products that aren’t even similar to the WD TV Live:
WD TV (Just released in 2014)    (Though not “Live” by name, very similar to WDTV Live SMP.)

WD TV Elements Play (A/K/A Gen 1)  Released in 2010

WD TV Elements Play (Gen 2)   (Released in ~2011)

WD TV Play  (Released in 2013)

fits79 wrote:
I believe is newer and however it takes newer firmware than wd tv live gen3 so…

You keep talking about an OLDER player that’s getting NEWER updates than the Gen 3.   No, there is not.

As i know the power of wd tv live gen3 DOESN’T HAS it the wd tv play so…

the wd tv play it was a lot of weak than wd tv live gen3 so how wd can supporting until now one weakless product than this was more powerfull???

fits79 wrote:
As i know the power of wd tv live gen3 DOESN’T HAS it the wd tv play so…

the wd tv play it was a lot of weak than wd tv live gen3 so how wd can supporting until now one weakless product than this was more powerfull???

Sorry, I don’t know what that means.

All I’m saying is that you are incorrect – WD has not provided newer firmware updates for products older than the WDTV Live SMP.

When i say powerfull i mean the wd tv live gen3 is more strong chipset and quick than the wd tv is so simple.

And even that the wd STOP SUPPORT THE WD TV LIVE GEN3.

fits79 wrote:
When i say powerfull i mean the wd tv live gen3 is more strong chipset and quick than the wd tv is so simple.

That’s not correct, either.    The new WD TV has the same chipset as the SMP.

fits79 wrote:
And even that the wd STOP SUPPORT THE WD TV LIVE GEN3.

… and how do you know that?

Did WD tell you this somewhere?

It doen’t need to tell it to me the wd i see from when it has to bring new firmware for wd tv live gen3.

@Tony,

Don’t trouble yourself, this guy has already prooven that he has no clue what he’s talking about

Yes i don’t have clue for what i am talking about.
See here:
http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?wdc_lang=gr&fid=wdsfWDTV_Live

I believe it has from 12-2013 to brinf new firmware.
So still don’t have a clue???

7 MONTHS to have newer firmware so…