Digital Pass Through

Hello All,

I have a problem which has just come on.  I have my TV Live connected to my TV with an HDMI cable for video and a S/PDIF cable to a NAD Surround sound amp for audio.  When I set up the Audio for "Digital Passthrough via Optical Only, I cannot hear any sound from my Amp.  However, when I set it up for “Digital Passthrough via HDMI Only”, my audio is fine coming out of the Amp.  I have checked and the audio is definitely coming out of the Optical Cable and not through the HDMI cable which is connected to the TV and there is no output from the TV back to my Amp.  This appears to work in reverse of what I would expect or what the manual tells me.  Is this a software bug?

I also notice that, if I make any changes to the Audio settings, they do not take effect until I power off and on my WD TV Live.  Is this also normal.

Can anyone help me please?

Jim

Hi, what  option are you selecting when choosing HDMI, Auto Detect of Manual setup? 

After you select “Digital Passthrough via Optical Only”, make sure you press DD and DTS and they are selected with a green check mark (you have to select the audio options your NAD supports).

Many thanks for both your responses.  I can confirm that I have selected the two formats which my Amp supports, DTS and Dolby Digital.  When I select "Digital Passthrough via HDMI Only, the Amp plays the audio fine on both these settings. What I don’t understand is, surley the Amp should not be receiving any audio signal from the Optical Connection with this setting!  I can confirm that the audio is being sent out on both the HDMI and the Optical but is not being sent out on any if I select Optical Only.  Strange.

I have tried all 5 settings singly and all together but that makes no difference either.  I also find it strange that it needs to be powered off and on when I make any changes on the audio to take effect.

Is it possible to regress the firmware version as I am sure it worked before.  If so, how does one obtain the previous firmware versions.

Many thanks for your time on this peole.

Jim

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5860

1 Like

Thank you again for the subsequent reply.  I have tried to regress to  a previous Firmware version and have followed the instructions as per the supplied link but when I connect my Flash Memory Stick, the Streamer detects it and can see it but I do not get the Option “New Firmware”.  The link supplies does state, quote "  If the   New Firmware   option still does not appear, please  Contact Us  for additional support. 

Before I do, does anyone know why the New Firmware option does not appear as I have followed the instruction to the letter?

Many thanks

Download " Firmware Ver. 1.16.13" from the link above (_ WD TV Live Streaming Media Player _).

Unzip the files to the root of a USB PEN.

Turn On WDTV and make sure Setup->System->Auto Detect New FW = ON

Put the USB pen in WDTV and a new big orange root menu option called “New Firmware” should show up.

Press it.