Darklight for SMP (Beta) - (UPDATED 9/10/2012)

This is a version of my Darklight theme that I developed for the HUB which I am now porting over to work specifically for the SMP.  Remember though, this is still in beta so it is not yet complete.

<------If you like this theme make sure you click the Kudos button.

WARNING: Do not attempt to install / update this or any theme while playing a video. Doing so could corrupt the theme data and adversely affect how the theme is displayed.

This is a theme that requires the use of Thumbgen to have it correctly display as it is intended.  If you don’t have Thumbgen you can get it from HERE.

If you don’t know how to setup Thumbgen, you can read this tutorial here THUMBGEN GUIDE (Updated 6-26-12).  Even if you have previously read the Guide, this is an updated version and I urge you to re-read it.

Anyway, you will need to download 3 files.  The Darklight theme zip file, the Darklight Moviesheet Template zip file which contains the moviesheet template and the Coverbox Template which contains the coverbox template.  You can download all of them here:

Darklight theme (UPDATED 9/10/12)

Darklight Moviesheet Template

Coverbox Template (UPDATED 5-18-12) - (REMEMBER the Input/Output naming has to be set to .jpg for the coverbox. And you need to use the coverbox templates in this download to have the coverbox reflections to show up correctly. Don’t use my coverboxes from the HUB theme forum.)

Darklight SMP Test folder (UPDATED 5-18-12) -  (I recommend downloading this to make sure that you have the data you need to make everything work correctly.  Just unzip the folder to your HDD or to a share folder and access it just as you would anyother video folder.)

To install the theme, download the zip file to your PC, open your web browser (I don’t recommend using IE9, there have been issues), then type your SMP’s IP address to open the Web UI. Type in your password (the default is “admin”), click on the box next to “I accept” and then click on LOGIN, then click on “Appearance”, then click on “Browse” and navigate to where you saved the “Darklight.zjp” file, then click on “Open”.

Click on “Submit”, then once the Web UI finishes uploading the theme, on you SMP press “Setup” on your remote, select “Appearance”, then select “User Interface Themes”, select “Darklight” then when prompted select “Apply theme”.

To make moviesheets/backdrops semi-static, on the HUB, select Setup, then select Photo Settings. In the Photo Settings menu, select “Slideshow Transition” and set it to “Fade”, then select “Slideshow Interval Time” and set it for “5 minutes”.

That’s it, now enjoy.:laughing:

FOR GENRE FOLDER ICONS SEE HERE. (Updated 6-10-12)

TV Show Episode Cover Box

BUCK ROGERS.S01E01.jpg

The TV Shows Episode Cover Box template uses the Fanart 1 (F1) for the cover (which is a backdrop) and Fanart 2 (F2) for the Banner at the bottom.  In the TG Options Menu, select the TVShows/Series/Anime tab and then place check marks beside “Use wide bannner (if available) for Fanart 2” and “Retrieve all banners as backdrops…”.

You will need to manually select the “F1” & “F2” button under Backdrops for them to be applied to the Coverbox.

Download here: TW Episode Cover with Banner

84 Likes

Sweet Dude! :smiley:

Hey Love your themes! I got it working, but I can’t seem to get the same Gallery View you have. Your preview post shows Pirates Of the Caribbean in the Gallery view. With POTC backdrop and movie information. My gallery has only the Cover box and your default cloud backdrop and no Movie Information. 

Little info on my setup. Im not a expert.

All my movies are on a HDD on my Computer Each movie is in a Separate folder  with the name of the movie.

So idk if I’m doing it wrong or not. 

Thanks for your time

***EDIT***

OK so I took a few movies out and put them outside of their folders and the gallery view worked great. So does this mean I can’t organize my movies into Separate folders? I don’t get it.

@Sempars

Moviesheets in Gallery View does not work for “Folders”   (a Firmware Restriction)

You need to take all your Movies out of their individual folders.

Place them All in One Folder called Movies, or create Separate Genre Folders and Organize them into Genres.

But realize you wont see Moviesheets for your Genre Folders, you will only see a Thumbnail.

1 Like

You can’t have your files in individual folders.  The best way to structure you files is to have them in Genre folders  like this:

Movies (folder)

Action (folder)

movie1.mkv

movie1.xml

movie1.jpg (coverart)

movie1_sheet.jpg (moviesheet)

movie2.mkv

movie2.xml

movie2.jpg (coverart)

movie2_sheet.jpg (moviesheet)

etc.

Comedy (folder)

movie1.mkv

movie1.xml

movie1.jpg (coverart)

movie1_sheet.jpg (moviesheet)

movie2.mkv

movie2.xml

movie2.jpg (coverart)

movie2_sheet.jpg (moviesheet)

etc.

If your movies are TS / VOB files I would suggest you convert them to ISOs.

2 Likes

Ok Thanks for the info. I was never sure what to do with the Movies. I know I can add a Folder.jpg for each Categories, but can you Add Backdrops for each Category?

No, because as stated by Joey, backdrops don’t work for folders it only works for individual files.

1 Like

Ok gotcha. How are you getting the "moviename_fanart.jpg? I noticed I don’t have this file and when it highlight the movie in the Gallery view it takes a few seconds to load the backdrop. But when I go to your Test Folder, it pop-up quick.

@Sempars

Ok gotcha. How are you getting the "moviename_fanart.jpg?

Read or Watch Tinwarble User Guides

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/Video-Tutorials-nOOb-Centeral/m-p/283846/highlight/true#M4559

eg. Thumbgen … Movie Info > Store Links to Moviesheets

I noticed I don’t have this file and when it highlight the movie in the Gallery view it takes a few seconds to load the backdrop. But when I go to your Test Folder, it pop-up quick.

Thats because you havent got a “Local” Moviesheet  with your Movies on Hard-Drive …and the Reference to it in the Movie XML.

The Backdrop you are seeing is being downloaded  and displayed by the SMP from the Internet (TMDb) which takes longer.

The “moviename_fanart.jpg” isn’t used only the “moviename_sheet.jpg” is used.

As stated, this is a Thumbgen based theme and you need to use it generate the backdrops, coverart and xml’s.

The Thumbgen template downloads are linked in the first post as is a link for a tutorial.  Follow the tutorial as to how to generate the Thumbgen data (except for changing the coverart extension from .png to .jpg) and you will have all the data and images to make it work.

If you get stuck let me know and I’ll try to walk you through it.

Bump for update (5-18-12).

1 Like

Is there a way you keep multiple themes?  It seems like every time you load a new theme, it replaces the last one.  Am I doing something wrong??

No, you can only upload one theme at a time.

Bump for update (5-20-12)

Bump for update (5-23-12)

I haven’t really had time to post change logs for each update, but since this update has things that you may are may not see, here’s a short list.

Change Log for 5-13-12 update:

*Fixed display for Setup / Media Library / Network Source Management

*Fixed display for Setup / Media Library / Network Source Management / Set auto scan schedule

(I still have some work to do here, but they now display correctly)

*Fixed display for Options menu when playing video

*Fixed thumbnail view for video “View Info”

*Fixed some other minor displaying issues.

Hi,

I’m loving this theme, but I’m not quite able to get it working.

When I downloaded the sample files and put them on the HDD that I use for Movies, they displayed perfectly. When I create my files with Thumbgen and go into gallery view, I see the cover, and movie info xml, but only the default background (dark clouds). I do not see the graphical representation of the files properties that should be on the right of the screen.

When I check the sample files (there is Fanart.jpg that I don’t have).

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Ok, first you don’t need the fanart.jpg, I generate that so that I have it in case I need to regenerate the moviesheet from the same info.

The only file that you need for the moviesheet to display is the “filename_sheet.jpg.”.  If you have that, then make sure that it is in the xml file.  It should be at the bottom of the xml and look something like this:

<backdrop>filename_sheet.jpg</backdrop>

This is what makes the moviesheet display.

Thanks - will check later and revert. I take it Thumbgen should be including this when creating the .xml file.

Yes, the Main sheet in TG should be gererated as the image and as long as you have the options set correctly it should automatically be add to the metadata.

Ok, very nearly working now.

When I checked the .xml file if found this:

-         

filename_sheet.jpg

As that was not working,

I changed it to:

filename_sheet.jpg

and it worked fine.

Obviously something is wrong with the way I’m using Thumbgen.

Any thoughts on what I’m doing wrong?

Thanks.