DNLA enabled devices working with each other! (HDhomerun Prime with WDTV Live )

I’m running the exact same setup, but not having the same experience.  I was thrilled when the first time I tried, I got a channel to play on my HDTV via my WDTVLSG3 and HDHomerun Prime (same firmwares).  But when I changed channels, I got that screen that says I’m trying to play a file format that isn’t supported.  I tried repeatedly with no success, even after turning it off and back on.  I tried unplugging the wired connection to my home LAN and went through the wifi.  Nothing worked.  I couldn’t even get the original channel to play again.  The only thing that worked was to clear all settings back to factory defaults.  This solution, however, is inadequate to justify returning the set top box to comcast.

Are you having consistent success with your arrangement?  If so, are there any other particulars?  Are you using the wifi connection or a wired connection to your network?  I’ve tried both with the same outcome.  My home was built in 2003 with CAT-5 wiring and I’ve read somewhere, perhaps on this forum, that streaming requires at least CAT-6.  Are there any other things I ought to check or consider?