Content info ~ metadata

on the wd tvlive hub when you update the movie content info by selecting the movie clicking options  you can select  get content info …a feature the wd live tv box doesnt do (its a much nicer feature, You can select from ones available)…with the wd tv live box you can’t choose which one, it selects for you and i find sometimes it picks the wrong movie  i can find the correct one online so i know that tmdb has it …is there someway to select which one you want with the wd tv live box?? ive tried editng the file name  and copied exactly what is on the tmdb page and still no luck…if not this is a feature WD should add a firmware update for .

my set up is a wd mybooklive 2tb harddrive and i have 3 wd tv live boxes running thru a dlink dir 855  900n router…the system works great  other then its a bit slower now to view the movie library now with the content info

Q)is there someway to select which metadata one you want with the wd tv live box like the way the hub does ??

MichaelArms wrote:

on the wd tvlive hub when you update the movie content info by selecting the movie clicking options  you can select  get content info …a feature the wd live tv box doesnt do …

[SNIP]

The UI and functionality of the Hub and SMP are identical.

Go to setup / system / is ‘get content info’ set to manual only or auto.

Try setting it to manual only.

In setup / system / is ’ media library’ set to on?

In setup / system / media library have set up the media library on the network share using the media library manager.

i have changed the settings to in get content info to manual,   media library is on … under media library when i do the update  nothing happens

on the hub it giveswhen your in the movie library  you can press the options button and it gives you the “get content info” as an option. This gives you the option to choose from ones available…sometimes there are movies with the same name…on the smp it doesnt give you the option …problem i keep having is for  example, i have robin hood,  the version i have is with russle crow…but it keeps pulling the info for a cartoon.

https://www.themoviedb.org/search?query=robin+hood    

Exactly how is your file named? Is it like:

Robin Hood (2010).ext

Hey there. Not sure if you got sorted with your issue but here’s how I managed the ‘get content’ feature for my movies on my wdtv live smp Gen3 (running the latest official firmware).

Attached usb hard drive containing movies. Movies were already named properly E.g. Avatar (2009).mkv

In the wdtv settings turned on media library and set get content info to Auto

It then automatically found the content info for almost all of the movies.

I was then left with a handful that it didn’t get any info for and one or two which had incorrect info.

I then set the get content Info to Manual

I then browsed to each movie that had incorrect or no content info and pressed options, then selected get content info. If there were multiple results I was able to choose the correct one.

For any movies that had incorrect info I was able to select options and re do the get content info maually and select the correct one.

After all movies were done I turned off media library because that’s just how I prefer it.

Now when I put new movies onto the hard drive I turn on Media Library again, leave get content info at Manual and go and do a manual get content for each new movie manually same way as above.

Once you find the movie info, how do you select it?  If I hit ok, it just provided more info, but there is no way to select it.  I always only have “x” as a choice.  Any ideas?