Content Access Control

My TV is shared by both adults and minor children.  I have my content segrated into PG & below and R directories.  I can not find a way to easily allow the R rated share to be only accessed by authorized users.  The partental features only appears to regulate service access - not content.  I know other similar devices provide directory or share level PIN control - but haven’t found any evidence of that kind of feature on the WD TV Live.

Anyway found a way around this limitation?

Thanks in advance,

B.

starstrk wrote:

My TV is shared by both adults and minor children.  I have my content segrated into PG & below and R directories.  I can not find a way to easily allow the R rated share to be only accessed by authorized users.  The partental features only appears to regulate service access - not content.  I know other similar devices provide directory or share level PIN control - but haven’t found any evidence of that kind of feature on the WD TV Live.

Anyway found a way around this limitation?

Thanks in advance,

B.

You’ll need to have a separate user account on your NAS that restricts access.   Then, on the WDTV, just log in as the specific user.

The issue, however, will be that Media Library doesn’t work very well in this arrangement.