Connection keeps dropping; Can't rollback firmware

I updated the firmware becuase tech support said it had no issues and would solve the searching problem I had sometimes. Now the connection drops after playing a video for 5 mins. I didn’t have this problem before downloading the update so it’s worse than before. I tried to rollback the firmware according to the instructions in the knowlegebase but it doesn’t work. The pop-up that is supposed to come up about my usb flash drive does not come up. It doesn’t see the firmware version I downloaded so I can’t rollback. Anyone ever have this?  

Did you download the ROLLBACK firmware, or just the older version?

I don’t understand your question. What do you mean “download the Rollback firmware”? Rollback means go back to a previous version. You can rollback to any version you want so the name “rollback firmware” doesn’t sound right. I downloaded several old versions of the firmware but the player doesn’t see them. I followed these instructions

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5860/~/how-to-roll-back-the-firmware-on-a-wd-tv-live-hub-media-center-or-wd-tv-live

It doesn’t mention downloading anything other than the firmware you want to rollback to.

But you have to download THOSE SPECIFIC downloads, they have code in them that tricks your WD into accepting an older version than what’s running. Did you download one of those specific file packages?

You have to be a lot clearer. “But you have to download THOSE SPECIFIC downloads”. As opposed to what??? Look at the instructions. It lists several versions. I said I downloaded several and I’ve tried a couple so far. The pop-up doesn’t come up.

So the zip file names you downloaded have the word 

“rollback”

in the names?

You have to download those listed in the KB Article as opposed to the downloads that are listed on the downloads pages.

For example, what version did you download?  And what is the contents of the .ver file that’s in that zip file?

So that’s what you mean by “Rollback firmware” - the ones with “Rollback” in the names? Why are you making it so complicated? In my second post I gave you the link for the instructions I followed. That link is for a knowledgebase article. Instruction 1 says “Download the firmware file you wish to use from the list below”. So yes, I downloaded the ones from the knowledgebase article. I said those were the instructions I followed and that includes instruction 1 so why have you been asking me, in your last 2 posts, which ones I downloaded? Your last post was the 6th post in this thread and we’ve gone nowhere except in circles. Fortunately, I don’t need to continue this pointless conversation because I fixed it Playback is fine now so no need to rollback.

Good for you, because with this petulant attitude of yours noone’s gonna help you anyway and since you don’t appear to be the smartest tool in the shed (rollback, yeah that’s difficult!), you probably could have needed it…