Connecting to USB Drive from WAN. (Services)

Hi,

Recently got a couple of theses for myself and someone in the family. My question is,

Is it possible to share/remote access the USB drive attached to a WD TV Live Media box?

Example.

Could I “do something” to allow myself to send/upload a file to a USB drive on a WDTVL located at another sites LAN through the WAN.

Is there any FTP services that can be used?

Any help here would be Awesome!

Cheers

US.

usualsuspect wrote:

Hi,

Recently got a couple of theses for myself and someone in the family. My question is,

Is it possible to share/remote access the USB drive attached to a WD TV Live Media box?

Example.

Could I “do something” to allow myself to send/upload a file to a USB drive on a WDTVL located at another sites LAN through the WAN.

Is there any FTP services that can be used?

Any help here would be Awesome!

Cheers

US.

No, the SMP is not design for that.  And no there’s no ftp server that can be added to it.

actuall, I already added ftp here http://forum.wdlxtv.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=8707

custom firmware

what you want to do has more to do with setting up external access to your LAN than it has to do with ftp or the WD

if you have access to your LAN from outside your network, then even the included samba server on the WD would be sufficient

so I’d recommend you start looking at your routers capabilities, once you have access to your LAN this should be really simple