Compiling Media Library taking hours

I am connecting to a WD My Cloud 2Tb. There is only 600Gb data on it.

The WD TV Live takes hours to compile. I left it overnight a few days ago and the light had stopped flashing by the morning. I have recently added a few more videos and I get the ‘Compiling Media Library’ message and the light is flashing…even though it appears the new files have already been added.

I’ve tried turning it off/on and switching off at the mains but no difference.

Any tips so that the Compiling Media Library doesn’t take hours. It was previously connected to a My Book Live that I no longer have. 

In this instance, clearing the media library and rescanning seems to have sorted it.

Hello,

The media player should add the new files automatically. Test that again, add new files to see if it takes the same time and if it does, reset the media player and make sure that you are running the latest firmware available for your unit.

I’m using Network Shares to stream my videos.  I have a folder called Completed where all my TV shows and movies are stored. When I download movies and TV shows, once there done downloading there automatically added into this folder. 

I decided I wanted to keep everything nice looking and start using covers, thumbnails, etc. so I switched my WDTV from Network Shares to My Media Library. I then clicked on the  Media Library Manager for Network Share setting in my WDTV. It asked me to add a video(s) or folder(s) to copy over, so I picked my Completed folder where all the downloads automatically go once they are finished downloading. 

Anyways, I finished all that, I added the Completed  folder and I then checked to see if it worked. It said scanning for information or something along those lines and then a few seconds later is showed 59 videos in the My Media Library. Most of the videos had covers, some I had right click on and get them. 

But too my problem… Like I said, I had 59 videos showing. While I was watching a TV show off my WDTV last night, I was downloading several TV shows at the same time. Once my TV show was done I went back to the main menu where all the videos are looking for the new TV shows to watch them. None of the new downloads where added to the WDTV? They were in all the Completed folder on my PC which I added to the Media Library Manager  hours before. The only way I could get the new videos to show up was to restart my WDTV, turn it off and on a couple of times. Why aren’t they being added automatically?