Can't see the attached storage

I’ve Live SMP attached to elemets 1.5TB drive. It was working fine up until I upgraded SMP to the latest firmware 1.09.10. It won’t see the drive anymore. I tried factory reset a few times and even removed .wd folder on the drive.  As soon as I turn it on, the LED starts blinking…After a couple of minutes, the activity LED on the drive will stop but SMP will not. It seems it’s hung. Incidently before it hung up, I checked in the disk manager, it showed the drive “Elements” with free space and total size. But after that, it just hung up. Can’t get out of the disk manager anymore. The only way it get out of this, is to disconnet the drive and reboot the SMP.

Does anyone have seen this happening??

1 Like

samurai wrote:

I’ve Live SMP attached to elemets 1.5TB drive. It was working fine up until I upgraded SMP to the latest firmware 1.09.10. It won’t see the drive anymore. I tried factory reset a few times and even removed .wd folder on the drive.  As soon as I turn it on, the LED starts blinking…After a couple of minutes, the activity LED on the drive will stop but SMP will not. It seems it’s hung. Incidently before it hung up, I checked in the disk manager, it showed the drive “Elements” with free space and total size. But after that, it just hung up. Can’t get out of the disk manager anymore. The only way it get out of this, is to disconnet the drive and reboot the SMP.

Does anyone have seen this happening.

I updated to version 1.08.17 last week and had a similiar problem, so rolled back firmare to my previous version then all ok.

If you would like to rolback, here is the link for earlier firmware versions and it includes instructions.

How to roll back the firmware on a WD TV Live Hub Media Center or WD TV Live Streaming Media Player

Cheers

I tried to roll back using the procedure given in the link but it won’t see the firmware off the USB stick.

samurai wrote:

I tried to roll back using the procedure given in the link but it won’t see the firmware off the USB stick.

What are you rolling back to and are you using the firmware from the link?

Attach drive to a PC and run error check/correction.  Reattach to the SMP and it should work.  My USB drive does the same (disappears) if I lose power or restart the SMP without ejecting the drive first.

It  won’t work even after rolling back to previous version.

That **bleep** man, Im having similiar issues too… ever since updating to new firmware’s Ive gone from problem to problem. This device was brilliant before :frowning: