Can't see new files loaded on My Book Duo

Recently, whenever I load a movie or a TV show on my My Book Duo, I can’t see it on my WD Live Media Player until I reboot the My Book. Has anyone ever had this problem? And it is also not playing some of my files. The player won’t load the file, it acts like it will play the movie, but no time info comes up, (length of the movie, etc) and it just sits there. It doesn’t say it can’t play the movie, it’s like the info for them movie loaded but it really didn’t. I’ve tried rebooting, putting it back to factory settings, and nothing works. I have never had any problems like this until a couple of days ago, and I have no idea how to fix it. 

Hello,

Do you have the latest firmware installed on the WD TV and the My Book Live Duo?

Yes, I have the new Firmware upgrade. I can see the new files when I look under the file management option on my WD Media Player, but when I go to Video Play option, new files don’t show in the folder until I reboot the MB Duo. This has never happened before a couple of days ago. Then sometimes, after I reboot, I can’t play the new files. It has done this with avi and mkv files. Would a reset of the My Book work? Now, I can see the files from my computers, just not from the WD Media Players (I have two in the house). 

And the files play perfectly on my computers, but not on the Media Players. 

I would assume either:

1- you’re accessing the Duo via Network Shares that are part of your Media Library, and you haven’t rescanned the media library.

2- You’re accessing the Duo via Media Servers, and you haven’t rescanned the media server from the Duo.

Tony, 

I’m doing the same thing that I’ve always done. But for some reason, when I add new files to the Duo, the WD Media Player NOW doesn’t show them in their play folders until I reboot the Duo. Nothing had changed. I was doing the same thing I always have done. When I access the Media Player’s File Management Option, I can see them, but when I go to the Video Option (to play them) they are not showing in the folder until I reboot the Duo. 

Well, what I’m saying above still holds.  Which method are you using?

Hi Tony,

You know, I was looking for answers and you suggested to someone else who couldn’t see files in a folder to rename the folder. For example when I put a new movie I’ve gotten into my “New Movies” folder, I can’t see it till I reboot. So I did what you suggested and renamed the folder to “New.Movies”. Just put a dot in the middle. I went to my player, and now I can see the movie. Why would this be? Is the My Book having problems updating the folder in relation to the Media Player? This is very strange. 

And I’m not sure what you mean by what method am I using. I’ve got a My Book Live Duo connected to a Time Warner router, and a WD TV Live Plus Media Player with a wireless antenna. 

grindael wrote:

And I’m not sure what you mean by what method am I using. I’ve got a My Book Live Duo connected to a Time Warner router, and a WD TV Live Plus Media Player with a wireless antenna. 

Oh.  You’re posting in the wrong forum.  This forum is for the WDTV Live Streaming Media Player.   The older Live HD / Live Plus forum is here:

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Live-Plus/bd-p/tv_live

So now the question is, are you connecting to the Duo via the Media Server function or the Network Share function?

Both. And the issue has been resolved. When I changed the name of that one file, everything went back to normal. When I now load new files they are immediately visible on the Media Players. Thanks though, for the help.