Can´t make wdtv app work

Hi All.
I have a WDTV Live SMP with 1.15.10 firmware, device is working perfect, I can access all my PC files and internet services also.
I downloaded the official WD Remote app for my Android device with 4.1.2  version. Can´t make it work no matter what.
I also tried WDIxTV app. Can´t make it work eaither.
¿Any help?
I can access WDTV browser config, so I´m lost, it doesn´t seems to be a network issue., both devices are connected to the same network, I´ve aleready tried uninstalling and installing again the app…so I´m lost…

Hello,

Make sure that the firmware on your phone is updated.

Check the link below for additional information

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9471/related/1/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xMzcyNzk0NTI5L3NpZC9ubkJ5TGR1bA%3D%3D

If any issues in future where app works and then it doesn’t, try clearing the data in the app and then restart it. On your android device, Settings>Application Manager>Downloaded>WD Remote>Clear data, then restart to see if the app detects the WD TV over the network again.

+1 with this problem: Android “WD TV Remote” no longer works since last FW update

Clearing android wd tv remote app cache does not solve it.

I have android ICS and this app always worked before last WDTV FW update.

Now it does not find WDTV device.

I can’t replicate this issue on my devices at home. App works great and finds both SMP’s.

Kindle Fire (JB)

Nook Color CM10 (old version of nook) (JB)

Nexus 4 (JB)

Kyocera Rise (ICS)

The remote app never worked for me either. I got my wdtv last weekend and upgraded to the latest firmware right away.

Strangely, I can’t ping or tracert from my phone to the wdtv or its Web page. Unreachable. I can access the Web page just fine from my desktop PC though.

Using a Galaxy S3 running the latest 4.1.2 ICS firmware.

CJdias do you have wifi on and are connected to your router not a neighbors?

@CJdias:

Some routers have the option to isolate the wired LAN from the wireless LAN.

That could be the case if you have wdtv wired and phone wifi.

For example, in tplink routers, we can find the advanced wireless option: “Enable Client isolation”, if checked it isolates wifi from wired lan.

Also like Baconnaise said, make sure you are in the same LAN and subnet.

On the phone make sure you have wifi enable and “mobile data” disable.