Can't install Themes

Hey guys,

i’ma proud SMP owner since yesterday, I red some threads to get lil bit into the material, but I can’t install themes and idk why?!

I log into the webUI as I red in the tutorials, go to Appearance, choose the theme file (*.zip) thru “Browse file…” and click “Submit” but nothing happens?! No message like “Update successful” or “File limit is up to 30mb” - nothing!

Neither FF nor IE works… What’s the trick? Please help me…

Greets,

masterbreak

What theme are you trying to install?

I am having the same problem as the OP. I can see the WDTVLive in my network but first of there are no shares appearing in Explorer. I believe this has changed and so I logged into the box using web access from a Fire Fox browser window. I select the file Mojo.zip that Tinwarble created. File name Mojo.zip is sitting in the field after the browse window closes but when clicking the submit button, nothing happens, no turning browser indicator, no feedback whatsoever. When I try other things in the system entry I get immediate feedback but not with this theme.

I tried additionally to open the ZIP file and deleted a few images from within WinRAR to get it down to 29715kb in the browser window under size. But still it is as if the contents of the file is being checked and not allowed to upload.

Has anyone uploaded the file Mojo.zip without modefication and other trickery to the WD TV Live SMP?

Thanks

O2G

One2Go wrote:

I am having the same problem as the OP. I can see the WDTVLive in my network but first of there are no shares appearing in Explorer. I believe this has changed and so I logged into the box using web access from a Fire Fox browser window. I select the file Mojo.zip that Tinwarble created. File name Mojo.zip is sitting in the field after the browse window closes but when clicking the submit button, nothing happens, no turning browser indicator, no feedback whatsoever. When I try other things in the system entry I get immediate feedback but not with this theme.

I tried additionally to open the ZIP file and deleted a few images from within WinRAR to get it down to 29715kb in the browser window under size. But still it is as if the contents of the file is being checked and not allowed to upload.

Has anyone uploaded the file Mojo.zip without modefication and other trickery to the WD TV Live SMP?

Thanks

O2G

Yes, installed it without any problems. Have you used the instructions here by the creator of Mojo

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Discussions/WDTV-Live-Streaming-User-Themes/m-p/284…

You don’t have to make a zip file, the file is already made for you, just follow the rest of the directions starting at number 4.

I read and followed the instructions. Perhaps You can give me a link from where I can get the file that uploaded OK for you. I downloaded the MOJO.ZIP file and it was 30231kb in size. I got the dialog box displayed after pressing the appearance link on the WebUI. I pressed the BROWSE button, directory opens up and I navigate to the MOJO.ZIP file. Select the file click OPEN on the dialogue box or double click on the MOJO.ZIP file. It now appears in the field.

Now when I try to click the submit button nothing happens and I wait and wait. No hourglass or any other feedback that the file is being uploaded. The address bar in Fire Fox says http://wdtvlive/Main.php#. I tried it from 3 different PCs. Note what it says in these instructions and perhaps there is a problem with the file itself.

If the contents of the theme present in the ZIP file validates correctly, it will be flashed into the WDTV Live SMP player, If all goes well, You will see the new theme appear in the local content your WDTV Live SMP player in the user themes section alongside with the default Mochi Theme.

I can only summize that the file does not validate correctly, there is no other explanation as in the Local storage there is only the default Mochi theme. I downloaded the MOJO.ZIP file a few times just in case it was corrupted but no upload sofar.

_
_A link to a file that has been uloaded would be appreciated.

Thanks

O2G

Got the file from here, I then unzipped it and then archived all the folders and files, but not the root directory of Mojo, into another zip file called Mojo.theme  I then used my laptop, wirelessly, to open the wdtv live in my network and used the wdtv web ui to locate file and copy to wdtv. I never used Google Chrome (apart from downloading the original Mojo.zip file), Firefox or Internet Explorer

Mojo for the SMP. (Updated 11-09-11) - Western Digital Community

I had the same problem with Internet Explorer

Try Safari - it worked for me

I have tried all the different suggestions here but sofar no joy and I am thinking that something else weird must be the case.

1. I got this WD TV Live SMP box past Friday. The firmware revision was something like 1.01.27 or 1.01.21.

2. The Firm Ware update it requested was 1.03.07i which I installed. Now it requests to install Firm Ware 1.04.12 which from the comments is totaly hosed f…ed up. Thus it has the warning wanting to update the firm ware.

3. I downloaded the file MOJO.ZIP from the link provided in this thread.

4. I tried to upload the file MOJO.ZIP with IE 8.00, IE 9.0, FF 8.0, FF 3.6 & finally Safari 5.1.2 none of them upload the file but all behave a bit differentt when it comes to the appearance dialogue box. FF click on browse directory opens select file and it appears in its space. Hover over the submit button cursor turns into a hand click & nothing happens. Highlight the filename & hit the enter button and FF says sending the request to IP 10.1.10.116 but then nothing.

5. I created a directory MOJO2 and unzipped the file MOJO.ZIP went into the directory did a Ctrl A to select all files. Using WinRAR 4.01 or 3.93 right click and add to archive. Archive name is MOJO.theme and compress archive.

6. Tried to upload MOJO.theme but again nothing, just sits there doing absolutely nada, zip naught.

The file MOJO.theme opens with WinRAR and shows the two directories image & screenshot as well as 153 files on the same level. It doesn’t matter if the compression for the file is Best, Stored or Normal, nothing changes. I deleted a few PNG files to get into the 29Meg size, still no difference.

With Safari the behavior of the appearance dialog box was strangest. when hovering over the browse button & submit button the cursor does not turn into a hand, but when hovering over the label appearance it turned into a hand. Clicking the submit button in Safari just opened up the upload dialog box again.

Here are a few links to what the WD TV Live Appearance web page looks like in Safari:

I appreciate the help that everyone is offering hopefully I eventually will be able to solve this. Almost looks like a script issue as in Java or other script that initiatesw the upload.

Thanks

O2G

Well I solved it, turns out that the original firmware as well as the updated one 1.03.07i did not allow the update. Notice in the screenshot there is nno graphic nnext to appearance. In any occasion the MOJO.ZIP file uploaded fine. Also the file extension has to be ZIP but in my case with the old firmware I tried all different combinations.

I’ve tried to upload as well and all I seem to get is the ever rotating “Im working on it” icon.  Never seems to complete. 

KYZAH wrote:

I’ve tried to upload as well and all I seem to get is the ever rotating “Im working on it” icon.  Never seems to complete. 

Have you tried another program i.e google chrome to upload it, a lot of members had a problem using internet explorer.

Have never had a problem using google chrome, and if you are creating a zip file make sure you are not including the “root” folder i.e  Mojo & only zip the image, screenshot folders and all the xml files.

1 Like

That’s what it was…Google Chrome is all I needed to push past this vital step…Thanks for insightful and quick response!  Also just our of curiousity, do you know the number of themes outside of Mucchi that are able to be uploaded…right now I would have to guess it is only one.

One at a time, yes. If you have another on there already, it will be overwritten.

1 Like

KYZAH wrote:

That’s what it was…Google Chrome is all I needed to push past this vital step…Thanks for insightful and quick response!  Also just our of curiousity, do you know the number of themes outside of Mucchi that are able to be uploaded…right now I would have to guess it is only one.

You can have 2 themes on your SMP at any one time, Mochi is always shown as the default theme plus another one you have loaded. Each time your upload another theme the 2nd one gets over written but Mochi is always there.

Here are a couple of links for themes I use.

The 1st link is for  MOJO with a couple of the mojo’s creators mini themes attached - his menu & music mini themes

The 2nd link is for his MOJO theme with his DARKLIGHT theme  inserted

Both themes are already zipped to upload to the SMP

Hope these help and please give Tinwarble kudos for his work

http://hotfile.com/dl/143429604/c37a8cb/Mojo_Menu_Music2.zip.html

http://hotfile.com/dl/145264044/d3db790/MojoDarklight.zip.html

1 Like

Thanks for the downloads, I was having issues with Darklight.  I just sort of put it to the side while I have been busy with Thumbgen…which leads me to to this.  I just bought the Mybooklive and none of that really matters since none of the images are available to browse in folder mode, or really any mode for that matter.  Not sure what the restriction is that prevents the WDTV from pulling this data.  If you have any insight, I would be curious to know otherwise you’ve been more than helpful to this point.  Thanks again.