Can't get Screen saver to use picture mode

When I select random picture (or is it photo) mode for the screen saver, I still just get the WD flashing around the screen.  I have a ton of photos on my DNLA server.  Do I have to serve the photos up differently?  Do I have to stick a USB drive with photos and have them locally available?  Any hints would be great.

Not sure how you are trying to set this up, but I believe you only have the option for local files on an attached USB drive. When you chose that screen saver, what directory are you pointing it at? It should just show you your local drives that you can dig into to find the directory.

Good Luck

-P

Is your media library enabled?

I have no local storage just network storage so I guess I cannot use the feature. 

I’m not sure what “media library enabled” means.  I have DNLA enabled on my WD personal cloud server and the WD Live can show photos, stream music and video just fine.

trossin wrote:

I have no local storage just network storage so I guess I cannot use the feature. 

That appears to be correct. The pictures used for the screensaver have to be in a folder that is local to the device 

trossin wrote:

I’m not sure what “media library enabled” means.  I have DNLA enabled on my WD personal cloud server and the WD Live can show photos, stream music and video just fine.

It’s a way to aggregate all of your media into a single view. It works with local drives and network drives. It does not provide a way to do this with media servers (DLNA) though so is not much help to you.

Good Luck

-P

So this would mean you can only use this screensaver feature with local files or via network shares? Cause someone mentioned for this to work media library would have to be enabled.