Can't See NAS as Network Share

Hi,

Have just connected a Netgear ReadyNAS 10400 to the home network. Have set folder permissions to “everybody” read/write and allowed DLNA on some folders called TV, Movies and MusicVideo. Content has been added with each file in a folder named with the content.

The Windows pc’s on the network all see the ReadyNAS listed as a computer as well as a media server. No problems browsing/playing content through windows explorer.

The TV Live shows the ReadyNAS under Media Sever but the files are bundled into one list (not separated under the 3 main folders). Under Network Shares the Windows pc’s are listed but not the ReadyNAS. 

I can’t see a means on the TV Live to connect to a server using IP or network address like one would with a pc.

Any ideas?

Do the workgroup names match on all your devices?

1 Like

No. You can’t input an IP or Network address. 

1. Go to “Network Settings” → “Network Share Server Settings” -  enable Windows and/or Mac Share Server

2. Go to “Network Settings” -  enable “Linux Share (NFS) Support” if needed

3. Go to “System” → “Media Library” → (enable Media Library) → “Media Library Manager for Network Share” → “+Add Network share to medai library”

You should be able to add your shares at step 3 above.

1 Like

Thankyou for your replies.

The workgroup name on the NAS did not match, when it was changed to the same as other devices there was still no joy seeing the NAS as a Windows share.

The resolve was allowing Linux shares on the TV Live and allowing NFS on the NAS folder. Hey presto I can now browse the NAS folders (as a Linux share) from the TV Live as I planned.

Thanks again.

Geoff

Yes NAS drives have a Linux os so must share thru Linux… I had same issue first time I used a NAS drive on mine and once I turned on Linux share never had another problem

@Koltec

“Yes NAS drives have a Linux os so must share thru Linux.”

Not true.  While NFS(linux) shares generally provide higher performance, and is my personal preferance, most if not all home NAS devices have Windows sharing (CIFS/Samba) enabled out of the box.