Can Not See Share on Network After Move to Storage Spaces

Hello,

I have 2 WDLive boxes and they have been working great for several years.  Recently I made the decision to consolidate my video library from several 2 TB drives to a storage space on windows 8.  Instead of having drives d,e,f,g,h and having to register all of the shares to the network for the WD I created a storage space (mirrored) that has (4) 3TB drives for a total of 6TB mirrored.  When I look at the network share from another computer I can touch the drive with no issues and it shows as one large drive (D:) and I was able to consolidate all video into into d:\movies.

Now, I shared the folder (d:\movies) across the network and can see it from all the other machines on the network.  The problem is, I can not get the WD to see the d:\movies network share on the drive that is now pooled.  It will see shares from other drives (e.g. c:\test) on the same machine but not the pooled drive (d:\movies).

I have tried to run “net view” from a command prompt on the machine that is sharing the folder and it can see all of the machines on the network.  I have also created test folders on other drives that are not pooled and it seems to see them fine.

Does anyone have any idea why the WD boxes can not see my pooled storage (e.g… d:\movies).

I am stumped and any help would be much appreciated! 

Thanks,

SR

Hello,

What firmware are you running on the devices(Media players)?