Can I stream directly from my Win 7 laptop to the WD box?

Hello all!

I recently purchased this box and I was wonderfing if there was a way I could stream wirelessly what I was watching on my laptop to the box to show on my TV. I do not have the network WD box, and both are connected to the same network.

Any help will be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

Thanks!

keychee wrote:

Hello all!

I recently purchased this box and I was wonderfing if there was a way I could stream wirelessly what I was watching on my laptop to the box to show on my TV. I do not have the network WD box, and both are connected to the same network.

Thanks!

Your post isn’t showing up to well and unable to be read, try changing colour of font to white.

Cheers

1 Like

keychee wrote:

Hello all!

Thanks!

No you can’t stream and watch a movie to the SMP from your laptop.

You can stream movies you have copied to a usb hard drive connected to your SMP and watch them once they have been copied completely.

Cheers

keychee wrote:> I do not have the network WD box, and both are connected to the same network.

I don’t know what you mean by this. If you mean you don’t have a wireless router, then you will need one to stream any video.  Or you will have to wire both devices.

If you do have a wireless router, then the answer is actually, sort of.  It all depends on what you mean.  If you have a video saved on your laptop and it will play in Windows Media Player, then you can use the Play to function in WPM to stream it to the SMP (depending on the encoding).

But if you are talking about streaming an internet video to the SMP, then no.