Any chance to get a working FW for this unpredictable box?

I am a little tired with this box, and I think I am not alone…

. very slow to start

. loosing sometimes acces to the USB disk.(does not see anymore the file content. Never seen such problem on WDTV Gen1 !).

. loosing network shares access, and more generally network access. (even with the previous FW release 1.16.13)

. streaming from PC blocking lot of  times.

. power off not working sometimes.

I have 1 desktop PC at home, 3 mobile PCs, 3 Wifi phones : and they all work well with my wifi router. Just this box that is definitively not reliable.

Any chance to get a working FW ?

Probably not.  This box has been plauged with networking issues since it came out.  It is getting a little out dated, so I would suspect WD isn’t going to put too much more into this product in terms of significant development and fixing the networking certainly qualifies as that.

I would suggest you try the master browser fix for networking issues if you haven’t already.

Thanks for your answer.

“I would suggest you try the master browser fix for networking issues if you haven’t already.” What is exactly this master browser fix ?

I recently installed the Serviio DLNA server on my PC, and it seems that using it to stream the videos and music from the PC is more reliable than using the network shares, or the “playto” feature of Windows8.