Amazon Prime steaming

Is there any way that I can get to my Amazon Prime streaming media account using WS TV live?

I have a butt load of HD movies I would like to watch on my big screen TV but can NOT see how to access them using any of the menu selections.

Thanks for any pointers.

Hi cdflint, currently this feature is not supported. 

Is there anything in the works that will include Amazon Prime in the future? If so, do you have any estimate on when it will happen? I own a WD TV Live box but will be going with Roku 3 unless you guys start supporting Amazon Prime.

Thanks for any info.

1 Like

Brain420 wrote:

I own a WD TV Live box but will be going with Roku 3 unless you guys start supporting Amazon Prime…

It is quite obvious WD will not have AMZ Prime on their boxes, or else it would have happened long ago.

Anyway, one doesn’t go with one or the other – many of us use both, because they are different enough units and each has it’s strengths and weaknesses.

Another way to get Amz on your TV other than via Roku is to have a Kindle Fire HD, and tap off the HDMI port on Kindle into the TV’s HDMI input.  A Kindle can throw just about anything on a TV this way; an iPad can’t.  I know; I have both.

Brain420 wrote:

Is there anything in the works that will include Amazon Prime in the future? If so, do you have any estimate on when it will happen? I own a WD TV Live box but will be going with Roku 3 unless you guys start supporting Amazon Prime.

Thanks for any info.

I think you have gotten all the info you are going to get in the post above. Most companies are not going to reveal what they are working on or what other companies they are negotiating with.

Notice how Roku had to remove their Youtube channel in 2010, and it was only recently just added to the new Roku 3 Model. During those 3.5 years, no one at Roku or on their user forums was going to reveal where they were with the negotiation, or if it would ever be added again. Then one day 8 months after the release of the Roku3, all of sudden it was revealed it would be added to the new model’s firmware and eventually be pushed to the others.

Point is, you are asking a question that no company is going to answer for you. For now, there is no Amazon support for your WD device, and that’s about it.

As an aside, Roku’s and WDs are very different boxes. IMHO best to have both anyways. 

There’s an Amazon developed Prime Instant Video App for AppleTV and it works well. Whether Amazon will eventually develop a similar App that will work with WD TV Live SMP is unknown.

yeah, if you want amazon prime

1. get a different device

or

1. get a media server that can access it, I think playon

can access amazon prime

not really sure, haven’t used playon in a few years

KAD79 wrote:

yeah, if you want amazon prime

1. get a different device

or

1. get a media server that can access it, I think playon

can access amazon prime

not really sure, haven’t used playon in a few years

Yes, PO supports Amazon Instant Video

-P

Comment here and give Kudo…

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Ideas/Amazon-Instant-Video/idi-p/686087