All 2.5" Harddisks dont work

I have a Problem with all my 2.5" Harddisks to connect to the WD TV.

The old WD TV works fine with all these Harddisks but the new one doesn’t connect them at all.

I have 2 Toshiba 1 TB Disks 1 WD 1 TB and 1 WD 500GB Disk. The only one that connects some times but doesnt work every time is the 500GB Disk. They are all formatted as NTFS and work fine in Windows 8 and on my both Samsung TV’s. The Problem is that my older Samsung TV doesnt run the video formats i have stored. Thats the reason why i bought an new WD TV.

I tried to connect them after starting the WD TV, before starting the WD TV, deleted the .wd Folder and so on, nothing worked.

Any solutions?

So far none of the various brands I’ve tried hasn’t worked but a friend told me he had issues with his due to a long, thin cable. After he replaced it with a shorter one, the drive worked.

I have 3 Toshiba 1 TB USB 3.0 drives and 2 WD 500 GB USB 2.0 drives, all work fine.

Are you using the front or rear USB port on the WDTV SMP?  There are know issues with the rear port.

There might be issues with power.  The WDTV doesn’t seem to be able to power some drives if using power from the WDTV USB port.  Try connecting with a powered USB hub.

Are you properly disconnecting from your PC using the USB dismount utility?  Reconnect your drive to the PC, run CHKDSK, then manually dismount before unplugging the drive.

The issues where with USB 3 drives only and presumably fixed in 2.01.86.