Alaska Theme for WDTV Live Streaming (Revised 3-12-12)

@douglaslad:

Not sure which theme you are downloading, but for the live streaming, the theme should be in a .zip file.  Look inside the rar file you have & see if there is a zip file inside it.  Inside the zip file the structure should be .xml files with two folders (image & screenshot).  If this is not the structure you have inside your theme, then it won’t work.

Thanks!

I am finetuning your theme for my own convenience and I am really thankful for all the work you put into this, it must have taken you days, perhaps weeks of work to create this.

Try this,

I always unzip the theme first, you will then find a main folder i.e Alaska with 2 sub folders and alot of xml files. I then rezip the two sub folders (but NOT the main folder) and all the xml files, and then load it via google chrome. 

Cheers

@Dikkiedikdik

Glad to hear you enjoy.  

First of all thanks for this very amazing theme!

I’ve merged some themes, but i have one interesting “bug”. Every time the selected thumbnail isn’t in the center, the glass effect is somehow broken. For a better understanding i’ve attached a pciture.

I’ve changed only the position of the thumbnails and can’t get rid of this “bug”. If there are any further explainations necessary, feel free to ask. I hope you understand my problem.

I really appreciate some help.

@Atlant1s:

Can you post a copy of the xml file? That might help to determine what is going on. What I think is happening though is that you are using two set of thumbs, (correct?) and the "ghostt" of one of the thumbs (the smaller one) is what you are seeing as a part of the glass effect. Not sure why it happens but have noticed it when playing around with these themes before. You can also try using the following code & modify it to fit your focused icon setup:

<!--thumbnail_f -->
<wrapper y="350" w="240" h="355" align="hcenter" scale="100" scale_type="pan" selected_scale="100">
<image name="th0_f" image="@@browse_0_thumbnail" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_0" x="10" active="@@act-browselist-0" disable="@@thumbnail_f_disable_0"/>
<image name="th1_f" image="@@browse_1_thumbnail" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_1" x="10" active="@@act-browselist-1" disable="@@thumbnail_f_disable_1"/>
<image name="th2_f" image="@@browse_2_thumbnail" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_2" x="10" active="@@act-browselist-2" disable="@@thumbnail_f_disable_2"/>
<image name="th3_f" image="@@browse_3_thumbnail" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_3" x="10" active="@@act-browselist-3" disable="@@thumbnail_f_disable_3"/>
<image name="th4_f" image="@@browse_4_thumbnail" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_4" x="10" active="@@act-browselist-4" disable="@@thumbnail_f_disable_4"/>
<image name="th5_f" image="@@browse_5_thumbnail" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_5" x="10" active="@@act-browselist-5" disable="@@thumbnail_f_disable_5"/>
<image name="th6_f" image="@@browse_6_thumbnail" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_6" x="10" active="@@act-browselist-6" disable="@@thumbnail_f_disable_6"/>
</wrapper>

Hope this helps.

@desertwedge:

I’ve uploaded the xml file:  click here

I’ll try your code later that day.

This theme is awesome! i finally installed it! I am a super noob, i would really appreicate it if someone can help me get those moviesheets or information to show up or teach to install moviesheets for this one. I also want to know how to get the dvd covers to show up, do i just put a jpg file in my movie folder?

wdfan26 wrote:

This theme is awesome! i finally installed it! I am a super noob, i would really appreicate it if someone can help me get those moviesheets or information to show up or teach to install moviesheets for this one. I also want to know how to get the dvd covers to show up, do i just put a jpg file in my movie folder?

Go to the movie file on the screen then select options, then select get info, a sreen will appear with possible movies and thumbnails, select correct movie and then press ok on remote. 2 files will be created for each movie, a metathumb file which is the image for the movie, and an xml file which includes the info for that movie.

If you have all your movies in one folder and you want to create an image for that folder, just put a jpg file in that folder and rename it folder.jpg, you can do this for as many folders you wish and just call each image folder.jpg

Cheers

The information & images for movies used in the theme come from the Live Streaming itself.  These information & images are generated when it scans your movies.  You need to have your Live Streaming set to “get content info” to have the information & images generated.  This can be enabled in settings/system/media library I believe.  If you can’t get it working, write back & I’ll try to provide more info/

I deleted my question, found the anwer myself.

Ok, I can’t get it right.

When I watch a video and push the pause button, you get the bar on the bottom of the screen with options to resume or to fast forward.

I would like to move this bar up, I cant see the bottom of the bar on my television screen.

I thing I need to change something in the video_ex_playing.xml file , but I see more files I need to ajust. Does anybody have an idea which xml files I need to edit?

@Dikkiedikdik

video_run.xml   ---------    for Avi, Mkv, Mov, Mp4, Wmv etc.   Playback

dvd_navigation.xml   -------     for DVD Video_TS and ISO  Playback

1 Like

Thanks! This saves me a lot of time searching for the correct xml files.

@Dikkiedikdik

Glad you found your answer.  It sounds like your TV has overscan (the TV is zooming in on the picture, see Overscan) based on what you are describing.  If you decide you don’t want to mess w/ the xml files you can also set the WDTV to output @ 95% & this should fix your problem as well.  Good luck.

I have my WDTV allready to 95% output, but still I am missing about 1/3th of the bar at the bottom if I rewind / fast forward. If I set my WDTV to 90% output it’s too much, I need about 93% output (but that is not possible).

I have created a solution for this small problem. I have joined your Alaska theme and your Alaska Revised 3-12-12 theme and now it is perfect. On your first Alaksa theme I could see the bottom bar for it’s full 100%, it was an easy fix when I knew which xml files I needed.

I have also translated your whole Alaska theme to Dutch and changed background pictures, menu pictures etc. and I wrote a tutorial on a tech website forum for Dutch WDTV owners. Now everyone can change your great Alaska theme (I put links to this topic in it of course) to their needs. Most people find it too much work, but I like to change things and I really like your work.

Here are some screenshots I made:

http://i44.tinypic.com/rkrbtk.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/fviec7.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/33mreyr.jpg

Some nice little sheep instead of the theater picture, my wife and kids wanted some animals in the menu :stuck_out_tongue:

Tried installing your theme (alaska revised) but for some reason the main screen icons are all on the bottom of the screen half cut off?

@Dikki

Glad you were able to make it work and that  you’ve modified things to suit your own needs.  This is what I hoped people what do with this theme & hopefully find ways on improving it.  Hope your family are enjoying the new backgrounds.

If you don’t mind could you elaborate on what you fixed on the xml?  And which view/part of the theme was giving you problems?  If there is an issue with the latest theme I would like to fix it so other might not have a similar problem.

It does sound like you are having an issue with overscan.  In the link below there are two images: one at 1280x720 & the other @ 1920x1080.  If you can, try to view these images on a computer to see what the full image looks like.  Each band of color represents 10 pixels.  You should be able to see 6 bands total.   Then trying viewing these same images on your TV to see how much of each image gets cropped/cutoff.  

Overscan

Hope this helps & thanks for the kind words.

@moviebuff12

Something definitely does not sounds right there.  Did you modify anything by chance to the theme or just upload the zip file you downloaded?  One thing that might help is to complete turn off (hold the power button down for 3+ seconds) and then turn back on the device if you have not done this already.  This sort is like a reboot of your device.  Hope this helps and please let me know if this issue persists.

No just installed the zip as is. I will give it another try tonight thank you and look forward to checking out this theme. Looks like you have done a terrific job and we appreciate you sharing it )