Alaska Theme for WDTV Live Streaming (Revised 3-12-12)

desertwedge wrote:

5. To upload your changes, just make a zip of the files INSIDE the “alaska” folder.  If you make a zip of the folder “alaska”, it will not work.  Then just upload via the web interface.  If all goes well it should give you a message that the upload was successful.

1.) So I’m not entirely sure what you mean by this…

Your theme is titled “Alaska_1.zip”

There is no Alaska folder in the Alaska_1.zip file. So I don’t know where to place my edited files.

As an alternative means to get this working I just deleted the theme from my SMP, dragged and dropped my edited graphics into Alaska_1.zip to over-write the other files and re-upped it to the SMP, though that seems very tedious and impractical. There must be a quicker way to do it without having to delete and reinstall the theme on the SMP. Which I’m sure you tried to explain it to me, but I just don’t understand.

2.) What XML file and text changes the positioning of the synopsis border and text?

3.) I don’t think any of these png’s operate as a dashboard select for the dashboard icons.

“dashboard_title_select_bar_02.png”

“dashboard_favorite_selected.png”

“dashboard_title_select_bar_01.png”

I don’t think there is a dashboard select for the dashboard icons. If there is one, I’d like to know - Or is there a way to create a dashboard select in the XML?

Edit - Yeah, I figured out a few things since this post.

There’s an overlay image to fade the bottom portion of the theater image black.

And I read a post by Tinwarble http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/Some-tips-on-theming/td-p/144024/highlight/true So I changed the dashboard picture name to -  “RV-BG.jpg” and it works.

So desertwedge, if you’re reading this - you need to rename that dashboard file in the “Alaska_1.zip” so people can use it. 

Thanks for all the help!