Alaska Theme for WDTV Live Streaming (Revised 3-12-12)

@Fennec:

Regarding thumbs, yes they are the ones downloaded by the “Get Content Info” or “scanning media…”.

Regarding the cover art borders for the selected & large are next to the synopsis, they can pretty easily be changed.  You would want to modify the file "video_browse_gallery_thumbnail_f.png" and the file “frame.png” in the Gallery folder of the theme. In terms of the thumb sizes, the file “rv_gallery_browse_page.xml” controls the size and position of all the thumbs. Right now the selected thumb is 180(w)x254(h).  I would keep the width to height ratio constant or else you might get distortion in the thumb.  Also, if you do change the thumbnail size, you’ll also need to increase the border size as well.

On your other questions:

1. The default image I believe is called RV_BG.png & is located in the image folder.  If you replace this whatever you want to use, it should replace all the default MOCHI backdrops.  The image should be 1280x720 in size.

2. The theater backdrop image is a file named “video_gallery_video_icon.png” located in the image folder.  You can replace this image with whatever you choose just make sure to use this same name and a image size of 1280x720.  Also you will need to adjust the image “frame.png” I mentioned above as it is specific to the backdrop currently being used.

3. This is certainly doable. You would need to modify the image “video_browse_gallery_thumbnail_holder_n.png” for the regular thumbnail’s border & the image “video_browse_gallery_thumbnail_f.png” for the selected thumbnail border.

4. Yes.  You would need to modify the file “rv_gallery_browse_page.xml” and specifically this information:

**<image image="@@poster" x="57" y="155" w="176" h="261" align="hcenter" scale_type="pan" scale="100"/>** **<image image="image/Gallery/frame.png" x="57" y="155" w="176" h="261" bg="1"/>**

5. To upload your changes, just make a zip of the files INSIDE the “alaska” folder.  If you make a zip of the folder “alaska”, it will not work.  Then just upload via the web interface.  If all goes well it should give you a message that the upload was successful.

6. You can take screen shots (all the images I posted are screen shots) but you need to setup your remote to do so.  If you go to setup>operation>remote settings you can assign functions to the remote keys.  If you scroll down you should see something that says “screen shots”.  Assign this function to a button on the remote.  You also need to have a usb hard drive or flash drive connected to your device.  Once you have done both of these, then just hit the button on the remote you assigned to take screen shots.  The screen shots will be saved to the root of your usb device.

Good Luck!

1 Like