Valued Contributor
desertwedge

Alaska Theme for WDTV Live Streaming (Revised 3-12-12)

[ Edited ]

Since I originally did this theme, I have been tweaking it here and there.  This theme works w/ the latest firmware (1.07.15). This latest version uses pretty much the same homescreen with a little tweak: The background image changes based on the weather/time of day.  This is something I saw as apart of the original Alaska theme for XBMC and thought people here might like this option as well.  Thus you can change the home screen based on the weather and/or daytime/night time.  The images that can be changed are located in the folder image\accu_weather.  There are about 20 image files that can be modified.

If this is something you are not interested in, you can modify the following line in the file "inc_weather.xml" to remove it:

from this: <image x="0" y="0" w="1280" h="720" image="@@info_temp_icon" scale="100" bg="1"/>

to this: <!--image x="0" y="0" w="1280" h="720" image="@@info_temp_icon" scale="100" bg="1"/-->

You will then have whatever backdrop you choose for your background.

I've also modified the different thumbnail displays for the video & music sections.  The active item should now appear to standout while the non-selected items should be sort of grayed out.  See the screen-shots for a better description. I've also added back the default movie posters in the gallery view.  The issue people were experiencing w/ the dashboard should also be fixed now.  Links to the theme and screenshots are provided below:

Alaska Revised

Screen Shots

Home Screen

Home Screen                                                                                                                              Home Screen (@ Night)

Video Browse

Video Gallery

Video Browse                                                                                                                                               Video Gallery

Music Browse

Album Playback

Music Browse                                                                                                                                            Album Playback

Feel free to provide any feedback/issues you might have.  And the link for the old theme still works if you prefer that instead. Thanks.

Alaska Original

This theme is inspired by the Alaska theme & a few other of themes that were done originally for XBMC.  This home screen portion of this theme was originally done by JoeySymth for the Live Hub and all the credit for it should go to him.

The video, music, & photo sections of the theme were done to try and maximize the number of items that can be viewed and to also provide as much information as possible without the use of movie sheets.

A couple of screen shots are provided below.

home_screen.jpg                                     video_gallery.jpg

Home Screen                                                                                    Video Gallery

video_browse.jpg                                     movie_list.jpg

Video Browse                                                                                    Video List

music_browse.jpg                                     services.jpg

Music Browse                                                                              Services Browse

This theme was developed on/for Firmware 1.04.12.  It has not been fully tested on 1.05.18.  It should work but there maybe a few glitches.  The link to download the theme is below:

Alaska Theme

To install the theme, log into the WDTV Live and upload the downloaded theme under "Appearances".  It usually takes a few minutes to upload.

Thanks to Joey Smyth, Tinwarble, PyschoTHC, and the others on the Live Hub theme board for all the information they have posted on how to theme and tips on how to things work with in the themes.  If you are looking to modify this theme further, I would highly suggest going over to the theme section for the live hub (http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/bd-p/hub_themes) and read/learn as much as you can.  There is a ton of information available there on how to modify themes and what you can/can't do with them.  Please read this to try and find your own answers before posting here.  Thanks and enjoy.

Regular Advisor
megamark

Re: Alaska Theme for WDTV Live Streaming (for firmware 1.04.12)

no images for any of the screen shots ....just the yellow triangle

Valued Contributor
desertwedge

No images for the screen shots on the live or somewhere else?  II did not add screen shots to the screenshot folder of the theme.  If required they can be added though.

Regular Advisor
megamark

would be nice if you have time

Valued Contributor
desertwedge

Sorry, I did not realize they were showing as yellow triangles.  They are "waiting approval" from Western Digital before they will show up.  In the mean time, I've uploaded the screenshots to a zip file.  The url is provided below.

Screenshots

Regular Advisor
megamark

nice 

Frequent Advisor
madweegie

Must say this is fantastic :smileyhappy:

installed it on latest SMP firmware :smileyhappy: all good! changed the backgrounc to a custom one just for personal preference

Frequent Visitor
bmoney789

Thank you!! What moviesheets work with this theme?

Frequent Advisor
Rubicon99

Looks awesome, thanks for your efforts.  I especially like the new home screen with the centred 'tabs' instead of the ones across the bottom.

I noticed a couple of small bugs, I'm on Fw 1.04.12

1.  The clock on the home screen is positioned so that most of the last digit does not show.

2.  In the video view mode with 3 rows x 8 columns, the cursor highlight does not show when selecting movies on the third row.  Also, when selecting the last movie on the second row, both that and the movie below are highlighted.

Apart from that, the theme looks schmick!

Cheers

Dave

Advisor
starwarsclark

Wow, this is a great looking theme, a huge thanks for creating it.

I notice though that when you are in videos (probably other but not checked as I do not use any of the others) and press down to get to the shortcut/dashboard that you cannot scroll left or right to choose favourites/new items/queue etc (well I can't anyway)

I hope that makes sense.

Brilliant work.

Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Community Terms of Service | Site Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD