Adding Folder Sheets Question

Hello, I am using Goodbye Black Mamba theme, I have it all setup so that I have xml files for the movies along with movie sheet ect, and it is working but I have been having issues getting the genre folder sheets to work, I think I have figured out that I have to upload them to the SMP and that is the issue I am having. If the folder I want the folder sheet for is called ACTION I rename the folder_sheet.jpg to ACTION and upload it via the Web UI? or is there another way I am able to access the themes folder on the SMP?

linksheets must be stored inside the theme itself

and then uploaded to the SMP

so you’ll very quickly run out of room

it’s just a couple of folders, no issue

but for a whole library of movies and folders there’s not enough space

your alternatives

1.don’t use linksheets

2.run custom firmware

You have the correct idea, and KAD79 has given you some extra information to work with. Since you must use linksheets for folders, you can go with your method, of using XML files for your movies, and then making the linksheets just for your genre folders. In theory unless you had a ton of genre folders, you should have room to do this.

Build the sheets, do the rename just like you stated, making sure that the JPG has no extension and has the same capitalization as the folder, and move that to the root of your theme. The mix of linksheets for your genres folders and XML files for your movies will work out okay.

I would urge you to go with number two in KAD79’s list, and run custom firmware. Once you go through the process and have a theme with linksheets for all your movies, tv episodes, and folders, you will never want to go back to the other method again. Flat out, linksheets rock, and IMHO are well worth the effort to get them setup.

Good Luck

-P

Ok, so does this mean that I add the “ACTION” folder sheet (and all others) to the .zip file of the theme and re-upload the entire theme again?  I cannot access the internal drive in the SMP and can only add files via the WebUI.

Snipe05 wrote:

Ok, so does this mean that I add the “ACTION” folder sheet (and all others) to the .zip file of the theme and re-upload the entire theme again?  I cannot access the internal drive in the SMP and can only add files via the WebUI.

You have an internal drive in the SMP ? Mine hasn’t got one.

Only the Theme uploads to the SMP, movies, moviesheets, folders etc are put on hdd connected to SMP via usb.

Cheers

No mine does not have an HHD but in order for me to get the Folder Sheets to work I need to upload or transfer them onto the SMP and put them into the Theme\My Theme folder.  This is the ONLY way I will be able to make my folder sheets work.  So that is why I wanted to know if I have to add them to the theme.zip I am using and re-upload it to the device with the WebUI

Snipe05 wrote:

No mine does not have an HHD but in order for me to get the Folder Sheets to work I need to upload or transfer them onto the SMP and put them into the Theme\My Theme folder.  This is the ONLY way I will be able to make my folder sheets work.  So that is why I wanted to know if I have to add them to the theme.zip I am using and re-upload it to the device with the WebUI

Are you using a Linksheet Theme or Moviesheet Theme ? if so what Theme ?

If Linksheet Theme the Folder Sheets are placed in your Theme folder on the hdd after you have removed the jpg extension, not uploaded to your SMP.

I presume you are using customised firmware on your SMP ! 

If not check out this link -

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming/Getting-around-the-30MB-theme-limit-and-repointing-the-SMP-to/td-p/631463

Cheers

ritaben wrote:>  If Linksheet Theme the Folder Sheets are placed in your Theme folder on the hdd after you have removed the jpg extension, not uploaded to your SMP.

Is this correct?

It is my understanding that as KAD79 mentioned above, you can load the linksheets into the 30mb space for themes on your SMP just as Snipe05 is planning, as long as it is a linksheet theme.

Unzip the theme on your PC. Add the linksheets to the root of the theme. Rezip the theme and then upload it via the Web interface. You don’t have much space, but enough for some genre folder sheets.

I am running of a thumbdrive, so I could be completly wrong here, but I am under the impression that that you can do this with the stock firmware as long as you are within the 30mb limit.

That said, I’d opt for running the alternate FW. Once your start using linksheets, you will want the for all your videos and folders.

Good Luck

-P

pearl wrote:

ritaben wrote:>  If Linksheet Theme the Folder Sheets are placed in your Theme folder on the hdd after you have removed the jpg extension, not uploaded to your SMP.

Is this correct?

-P

I’m sure you can load them into the zipped theme, but as you state with the 30mb limit, which includes the  theme amount, there is not a lot of of space left.

Wouldn’t require a lot of movies to use up space.

Cheers

ritaben wrote:

I’m sure you can load them into the zipped theme, but as you state with the 30mb limit, which includes the  theme amount, there is not a lot of of space left.

Wouldn’t require a lot of movies to use up space.

Yup that is for sure, but it does work, and for some people the 30MBs may be enough if you are just looking for folder sheets.

The OP is looking to use Linksheets for the Genre Folders and keep the XMLs for the videos. For that scenario, there should be more than enough room.

Once you start playing with linksheets though, you will quickly understand why it’s worth moving to a FW that allows you to make sheets for everything. 

-P

I am using the Goodbye Black Mamba theme, and it does support linksheets, so b/c I have limited space on the SMP I will add my folder sheets to the theme zip and re-upload as suggested and I will report back.  Probably wont be till later tonight.

Well I added my action folder sheet to the theme zip and re-uploaded it via WebUI then I went to the action folder it never showed the action folder sheet so now I am lost and have no idea how to get it working.  Is it cap sensative?  my folder is Action and my folder sheet name is action so that is about the only thing left.  I have no way to access the Themes folder on the SMP like on the Hub so if anyone has any other ideas please let me know

Snipe05 wrote:

Well I added my action folder sheet to the theme zip and re-uploaded it via WebUI then I went to the action folder it never showed the action folder sheet so now I am lost and have no idea how to get it working.  Is it cap sensative?  my folder is Action and my folder sheet name is action so that is about the only thing left.  I have no way to access the Themes folder on the SMP like on the Hub so if anyone has any other ideas please let me know

Yes, it is cap sensitve. The foldersheet HAS to be exactly the same name as the folder, and with no extension.

I think you will have to unzip the theme again (download theme again if you didn’t keep a copy) add folder sheet, re- zip and upload again.

Cheers

ritaben wrote:> Yes, it is cap sensitve. The foldersheet HAS to be exactly the same name as the folder, and with no extension.

Bingo! Give that man a cookie! :smileyvery-happy:

“exactly the same” means “exactly the same.” Just read though this thread and you will find that using the same capitalization was explained as necessary by me on page one:

“Build the sheets, do the rename just like you stated, making sure that the JPG has no extension and has the same capitalization as the folder, and move that to the root of your theme.”

Sorry for being a bit snarky, but you know what to do (since you stated it correctly in the first post), and have all the tools and info you need to get this done.

Good luck, and  I’ll be psyched to read a post that you have successfully got this rolling!

-P

Ok got it working, thank you to everyone that help me solve the mystery.

Sweet! Congrats, you’re going to love linksheets.

-P

pearl wrote:

Sweet! Congrats, you’re going to love linksheets.

-P

Yep, best thing since sliced bread & sooooo easy to use with the Thumbgen Bundles.

Themers that create these bundles for us mere mortals are a God send.

Cheers

p.s Well done Snipe05