Accessing Network Share on NAS

Having a nightmare.  WDTV Live just arrived and is now attached to my network.  I bought this device to stream ISO files from my QNAP NAS - which all research suggested could be done.  So I’ve set Linux shares up on the WDTV and my NAS IP appears which is great.  Access to shares looks OK on the NAS.

What isn’t great is that when I browse to my shared NAS folders sometimes the WDTV just hangs - sometimes I can display the files in the share but when I try to play the .ISO file, again the device just hangs.  I’ve successfully streamed an ISO from a Windows share so that is all OK - just can’t get the NAS bit to work and that’s why I bought the thing in the first place!  Hair being pulled out!!!

Not sure what the issue would be here.

I’ve got most of my content on a QNAP TS-412, but I don’t usually use Linux (NFS) shares.  You might just try setting up a Samba share (a/k/a Windows share) on the QNAP…

So - here is the answer!

The NAS was set at gigabit ethernet.  In desperation I changed it to auto negotiate - still not working.  Set it to 100mb and hey presto - all works.

Thx

It would be good to note what networking gear is connected between the NAS and the WD TV device, as the problems you have encountered might not be the fault of either the NAS or the WD TV device.