AVI - files won't play entirely since update, wrong file sizes show

I hope this wasnt posted before, apologies if it is. i cant find this exact issue anywhere yet.

AVI - files won’t play entirely since update, wrong smaller file sizes showing on library but previously were fine!!

I have always been able to play ank format or file on my WD TV Live from my WD Book World Live for as long as i can remember. Then after a firmware update, the most recent reason i can recall, certain AVI files show as 38mb or similar sizes on the menu list, they play for 10 - 15 minutes and stop. When playing they appear as normal file size on the screen information.

Its happening to new and old video files, cant figure a way around this apart from re coding it, that just defeats the point of the WD Live as the ps3 worked fine for this.

Any one offer any advice?

Thanks in anticipation, Jimmy

You can verify if the firmware is causing the problem by doing a rollback, but first you can try doing a powercycle or pressing the WDTV reset button. Another option would be to try playing the same file from a USB memory. Check the link below for more information. 

How to roll back the firmware on a WD TV Live Hub Media Center or WD TV Live Streaming Media Player