4 TB Hard Disk

Hi,

I have a question.

I connected 4 TB Hard disc contains downloaded movies and Videos to my “WD TV Live”.

Since then, I can not use the system continiously and I have to re-connect it from the AC, wait some minutes and connect

again. I only wanth one movie and if I want to watch another one, I have to re-connect it from the ac and connect again.

My Quesst,on is:

Doest this happen because of 4TB hard disc ? Because when I use 2 TB it never happened.

Thanks for your answe in advance.

Regards / Zeki

Hello,

4TB hard drives are supported. Make sure the external drive is plugged in directly into a wall outlet since this may be causing this issue. Also make sure the WD TV has the latest firmware installed.

1 Like

Thank you very for your suggestions Hamlet,

But, I connected my 4TB Hard Disc directly to the back side of my WD-TV Live because it doesn’t need a wall outlet, I mean AC power. It is Portable Drive Seagate brand, USB 3.0 4TB.

For my other TV’s at home, I have other WD-TV Live and I am watching all my movies from 4TB WD-My Cloud which is connected to my home network and there is no problem at all.

Is it because of the brands (Seagate and WD) do not fit each other?

Thanks again for your support in advance.

Zeki Necati

My guess is that the little WD doesn’t have enough power to run the 4TB harddrive.  Something that size, even portable, I would think would have some means of running off of AC power.

Rob

1 Like