WDTV Live Streaming Media Player - Firmware Update Sept 2012 refuses to play Videos from MyBookLive

by on ‎09-08-2012 08:05 PM

Hi All

I purchased and installed the WD TV a month ago and hooked it up to MyBookLive and all was great.  Video files all played as expected on the TV.

After the firmware update I let run yesterday (because it happily pushed me to do so!) it now refuses to play the videos including the one i was happily watching just that very morning!  Have tried Factory Reset, Unplug from Wall, checked firmware on the MyBookLive is update to date (it tells me it is anyway) - no go.

I notice too the little image files on the videos have disappeared (the DVD cover images that once appeared alongside names) but the video names continue to show in the folder list on the WDTV.  It just won't play them.  They still play fine from my MacBook etc off the same MyBookLive so the problem is the WDTV.

Consistent message everytime "Browse error. Content not available". 

Ideas?  If firmware rollback is the answer can someone tell me where I can download it?

Thanks!

Please edit your post to add the missing information while adhering to the specified guidelines on the right panel in order for this issue to proceed from "More Info Needed" to "In Review". This Issue shall remain frozen until this has been done. Regards, Jubei04.
Comments
by on ‎09-14-2012 11:06 PM

Update: WD Support had me reset it and rollback the firmware update - but is still not fixed!! 

Wondering If there's is a security setting problem with the MyBookLive storage connected to the WD TV given the WD TV works ok to stream a simple file on a USB when one is inserted.

by Moderator on ‎09-18-2012 12:43 PM
Status changed to: More Info Needed
Please edit your post to add the missing information while adhering to the specified guidelines on the right panel in order for this issue to proceed from "More Info Needed" to "In Review". This Issue shall remain frozen until this has been done. Regards, Jubei04.
Announcements
The Live Streaming Issue Reporting is a variation of our idea exchange being used for the purpose of reporting issues with your WD TV Live Streaming Media Player.

In order to effectively report an issue you are experiencing with your WD TV, please make sure you include:

- Which firmware?
- What happened?
- What were you doing?
- Does this happen every time?
- What hardware and media were you using?
- Did this happen with previous firmware?
- Does power cycling the unit solve this?
- Does resetting to factory defaults solve this?
- Have you tried this on other devices?

Our goal is to try to address the issues that are the most important to you. Use the kudos arrow to say "Me too!" if you see an issue that affects you.

Issue Statuses explained here.
Issue Statuses
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Western Digital Corporation, All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Terms of Service | Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD