Multiple Streaming Problems w/WD TV Live

by on ‎03-04-2013 02:00 PM

I've had my WD TV Live for several months now.  When it works, it's pretty nice.  The problem is that it works less than 10% of the time. Here are the major problems/error messages that occur on a regular basis:

1. Network connection. I get an IP address, but the other two items (DNS and Internet Connection) have red "x" marks. This happens most, but not all of the time. It sometimes randomly goes to three green check marks despite the fact that no settings have been changed.

2. Last content source has been removed. This is when I'm attempting to view videos housed on my networked desktop hard drive in another room. I'm using the "Media Server" option. Again, it happens most, but not all of the time. Sometimes it happens and I get the red "x", sometimes it happens and I get the green check mark. No rhyme or reason.

3. There is no content on the selected device. Again, this happens off and on. Sometimes it's fine, sometime not. I've read the earlier posts on this issue and have followed the procedure of re-indexing my Windows Media Player library, but to no avail

I'm about ready to toss the **bleep** thing in the trash. Any other suggestions?

System: Windows 7. WD TV Live is connected via wireless network connection.

By the way, I CAN connect to my networked computer using my Blu-Ray player that's  in the same room (and uses the same wireless connection) as the WD TV Live.

Please edit your post to add the missing information while adhering to the specified guidelines on the right panel in order for this issue to proceed from "More Info Needed" to "In Review". This Issue shall remain frozen until this has been done. Regards, Jubei04.
Comments
by Moderator on ‎04-07-2013 11:57 AM
Status changed to: More Info Needed
Please edit your post to add the missing information while adhering to the specified guidelines on the right panel in order for this issue to proceed from "More Info Needed" to "In Review". This Issue shall remain frozen until this has been done. Regards, Jubei04.
Announcements
The Live Streaming Issue Reporting is a variation of our idea exchange being used for the purpose of reporting issues with your WD TV Live Streaming Media Player.

In order to effectively report an issue you are experiencing with your WD TV, please make sure you include:

- Which firmware?
- What happened?
- What were you doing?
- Does this happen every time?
- What hardware and media were you using?
- Did this happen with previous firmware?
- Does power cycling the unit solve this?
- Does resetting to factory defaults solve this?
- Have you tried this on other devices?

Our goal is to try to address the issues that are the most important to you. Use the kudos arrow to say "Me too!" if you see an issue that affects you.

Issue Statuses explained here.
Issue Statuses
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Western Digital Corporation, All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Terms of Service | Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD