BBC iPlayer cutting off the end of programmes

by on ‎02-09-2012 01:39 AM

Latest firmware.  Using BBC iPlayer over wired network.  Happens every time.  Problem has existyed on all firmware since iPlayer went live on the SMP.  Power recycle doesn't help.  Factory resetting doesn't help.  This is the only WD TV Live I have with iPlayer.

Okay, here's the problem.  If I watch a programme on BBC iPlayer it plays just fine, no issues, ni stuttering, or anything like that.

It just stops about a minute or two before the end of the programme.  This is the same on short children's programmes lasting 10 minutes, half-hour episodes, or feature-lenth programmes.

At another UK forum I vist (AV Forums) there are people having the same problem.  Someone there missed the end of the last episode of Sherlock

Steve W

Comments
by on ‎02-09-2012 02:01 AM

I also confirm this issue is present.

by on ‎02-09-2012 03:12 AM

yep, happens to me as well.....

by on ‎02-10-2012 05:54 AM

I'm amazed at how good iPlayer can play even HD programmes over my 6Mb broadband.

However, it does cut off before the end, and for those programmes with short credits you can miss part of the programme itself.

by Staff on ‎02-10-2012 10:03 AM
Status changed to: Investigating

by on ‎02-16-2012 04:55 AM

This happens for me too.

by on ‎02-19-2012 02:09 AM

Same for me, very annoying, please fix.

by on ‎02-19-2012 04:52 AM

Please fix ASAP.

by on ‎02-21-2012 01:52 AM

Hi,

just used the BBC iPlayer for the first time and unfortunately I had the same problem.

Regards

Hayden

by on ‎02-21-2012 03:52 AM

Yep, problem.

by on ‎03-02-2012 02:14 AM

Hi,

I've updated to the latest firmware 1.07.15, and this problem still exists.

Regards,

Hayden

Announcements
The Live Streaming Issue Reporting is a variation of our idea exchange being used for the purpose of reporting issues with your WD TV Live Streaming Media Player.

In order to effectively report an issue you are experiencing with your WD TV, please make sure you include:

- Which firmware?
- What happened?
- What were you doing?
- Does this happen every time?
- What hardware and media were you using?
- Did this happen with previous firmware?
- Does power cycling the unit solve this?
- Does resetting to factory defaults solve this?
- Have you tried this on other devices?

Our goal is to try to address the issues that are the most important to you. Use the kudos arrow to say "Me too!" if you see an issue that affects you.

Issue Statuses explained here.
Issue Statuses
Top Kudoed Authors
Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Western Digital Corporation, All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Terms of Service | Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD